Can you think of anymore companies to add to this list?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
on monday, I intend to ring around skin care and makeup companies for information and prices. I have gone through previous threads, and got a few to get me started. I have previous experience of a couple, but if you could suggest any others that arent on my list I would be grateful. Rather than a debate over who thinks whats best, I thought it best looking at everything myself. thanks in advance everyone, i am sure this will be useful to others.:)

gerrards
environ
eve taylor
susan molyneux
md formulations
dermalogica
nimue
algalogie
pevonia
comfort zone
germaine de cappucini
moor spa
thalgo
southys
gm collin
decleor
elemis
darphin
matis

really need help with the makeup

art deco
bare minerals
jane irdale

Last edited:
Epicuren
SwissDermyl - 01455 891785

Makeup
Cozmetic Lab

Wouldn't it help you more by getting a distinct idea of what you want your skincare range to do for you first?

If you get all the info off all the companies your going to end up even more confused!!!

Ask yourself first off what your maximum budget is for skincare. This will maybe eliminate some so saves you getting their info.

What kind of money will your clients pay for a facial?

What other type (not brand) of ranges are more popular in your area? i.e. Aromatherapy based, glycolic based or machines?

Whats your client demographic? How old are they going to be? What will be more popular acne or anti-aging? Are your clients time starved or house wives with too much time on their hands? What are the earnings like in your area? What will they spend on skincare a month such as after care products?

How much retail do you have room to stock?

Do you want in house training, free training or ongoing free training?

Do you want a result driven range with scientific evidence or a pampering range?

There are so many different ranges for a reason. They all suit different people/areas/budgets etc.

If you set your self a basis of what YOU want from the range then it will help narrow them down a lot quicker to maybe three that you can ask for a rep to come and see you.

I highly recommend result driven ranges as its more popular in your high street salon than pampering facials which are used more as gifts or in spa type places.

I love Danne Montague King, p8n8, Marzia De Servi and MD Formulations.

Hope this helps

Kate

Wouldn't it help you more by getting a distinct idea of what you want your skincare range to do for you first?

If you get all the info off all the companies your going to end up even more confused!!!

Ask yourself first off what your maximum budget is for skincare. This will maybe eliminate some so saves you getting their info.

What kind of money will your clients pay for a facial?

What other type (not brand) of ranges are more popular in your area? i.e. Aromatherapy based, glycolic based or machines?

Whats your client demographic? How old are they going to be? What will be more popular acne or anti-aging? Are your clients time starved or house wives with too much time on their hands? What are the earnings like in your area? What will they spend on skincare a month such as after care products?

How much retail do you have room to stock?

Do you want in house training, free training or ongoing free training?

Do you want a result driven range with scientific evidence or a pampering range?

There are so many different ranges for a reason. They all suit different people/areas/budgets etc.

If you set your self a basis of what YOU want from the range then it will help narrow them down a lot quicker to maybe three that you can ask for a rep to come and see you.

I highly recommend result driven ranges as its more popular in your high street salon than pampering facials which are used more as gifts or in spa type places.

I love Danne Montague King, p8n8, Marzia De Servi and MD Formulations.

Hope this helps

Kate
thanks, i can narrow it down once i have a good list to work from. Havent been to a beauty show for 12 months, so just seeing if any names crop up i havent heard of. I am not a business or beauty novice, so i know pretty much what i am doing! just not upto date with companies. :) thought the list may also help others looking into a new range.:) P.S i am not confused just looking for a list! LOL...

Last edited:
Rather than a debate over who thinks whats best, I thought it best looking at everything myself.

By far the most emminently sensible approach! As regards make-up, you might also want to try looking into Bodyography, they have a mineral & non-mineral make-up range. My clients have loved the products and the retail is very reasonable. It's distributed by Gerrard International (the same company as Jessica nails).

Hiya

I wasnt implying you didn'y know what to do hun. its just a very large list that will get longer and longer and longer lol!

I find litrature from some of these companies pretty intense and I end up shoving half of them in the bin because I just never have the time to read it all!

I just find it easier to set my list of what I am looking for which helps me narrow my search!

The beauty show in Manchesters not far off ~ There were loads of newbies last year in skincare such as africology and meso esthetic. When you planning to open? to be honest I am surprised theres never any shows over the summer!

Good luck with your search!!!

Kate x

Another thought ~ if you log onto professional beautys website they usually list the exhibitors on the beauty shows and have links to their sites. Might be worth having a look there too for some inspiration!

Epicuren 01256 345588.

I have just taken on Lily Lolo mineral make up range. My clients are loving it. Def worth a look xx

on monday, I intend to ring around skin care and makeup companies for information and prices. I have gone through previous threads, and got a few to get me started. I have previous experience of a couple, but if you could suggest any others that arent on my list I would be grateful. Rather than a debate over who thinks whats best, I thought it best looking at everything myself. thanks in advance everyone, i am sure this will be useful to others.:)

gerrards
environ
eve taylor
susan molyneux
md formulations
dermalogica
nimue
algalogie
pevonia
comfort zone
germaine de cappucini
moor spa