can you varnish white tips??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
Can you put coloured nail varnish on white tips??

will it stay on as with clear tips??

make sure you seal the free edge with your colour and top coat it will be fine hths

If I put varnish on clients with french enhancements on, the polish lasts just as well as on natural enhancements. Is that what you mean?!

Hi

I had french mani white tip nail enhancements that I had had a rebalance done on. The regrowth I could see I didn't like as I just thought it looked horrible and they were getting WAY too long to be able to do anything, so I filed the tips to a more manageable length but the white was still showing unequal as my nails grow differently for some reason. All I did was apply a layer of base coat, then two coats of nail polish that the tip wouldn't show through and finished with a top coat. Lasted me about a week and then I got bored so whipped it off and started again with another colour! I had the enhancements first done for my birthday at the beginning of April and then my rebalance two/three weeks after and the last one came off yesterday. I think that's pretty good going! I'm not having any more done just yet though as I'm hoping to do my Creative training in August and enhancements/polish isn't allowed.

Does that very long winded explanation anwer your question, lol!?

yes thats great thx.

Thats the prob with putting on white tips i think the rebalance wouldnt look as good as i am still training and only used white tips on a younger woman who wanted that look i did the over lay in gel as thats what she wanted so not sure what to do if she comes back for rebalance file the whole lot off and start again or rebalance with white gel. Any thoughts?????

Also i have a lady who has clear gel on tips and she now wants white gel tips can i do this over what she already has when i do the infills or again does the whole lot have to come off and start again.??

yes thats great thx.

Thats the prob with putting on white tips i think the rebalance wouldnt look as good as i am still training and only used white tips on a younger woman who wanted that look i did the over lay in gel as thats what she wanted so not sure what to do if she comes back for rebalance file the whole lot off and start again or rebalance with white gel. Any thoughts?????

Also i have a lady who has clear gel on tips and she now wants white gel tips can i do this over what she already has when i do the infills or again does the whole lot have to come off and start again.??

For the french gel overlays rebalance them! there is no need to take them off and start again!

As for the clear gel tips you could probably do white tips in gel over the top, I would class this as a rebalance rather than an infill. HTH

thx for your comments i am still starting out and this web site is really really helpful

thx

:)

Latest posts

Back