Can't get highlights right!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lei

Reaction score
Hey girls! I have dark brown hair, very long, I have half head bleach foils, they are weaved quite chunky and done back to back on the first two layers at the parting, as I like an almost all over blonde look but prefer a few natural strands through underneath the top layers.My hairdresser seems to sometimes miss doing the some of the regrowth or does them too fine particularly around the sides,so I get left with dark sections and it look like I still have some roots,
so I went to a different hairdresser however she weaved them too finely along my parting so it still looks like I have roots with little stripes!,I might go back in a few weeks but would it be possible for her to put some slices in whilst trying to avoid picking up and bleachin over the highlights that she has just put in, and do you think to avoid this problem in the future I would be better off just getting slices all around the top t section and stick to weaves further down, Hope this makes sense! Ive had that many disaster in the past with breakage and banding through overlapping its really irritating me now.:cry::hug:

Hey babe, was wondering if it would be an option to have small amounts of your natural colour (tint matched to the natural) as it sounds like in the mind lengths and ends the blonde has built up so it looks like an all over blonde with the slices at the roots..what about having some thin darker tint put through to break it up a bit so it is more slicey and chunkey blonde? It happenes alot with realy long hair that has been bleached alot with no other colour put through to balance it out. Is this the kind of thing you had in mind.xxxxx

if your hair is really very dark , then every little bit will show and if you have an uneven hairline or babyhair ,it can be very difficult to get right to the root. the reason why you may be having problems with overlapping and breakage is because to get a true light blonde on very dark hair you have to use quite a high strength peroxide , which will weaken the hair more than a mild one which can be used on lighter hair.
Why not have lots of slices on the top and a colour slightly lighter than your own all over the rest? That way , it will keep the condition in the length and you wont have the problem of the regrowth being stark around the sides when its up

Thanx girls, so would it be possible to sort the roots out by havin more highlights even thou ive just had them done, bearing in mind the hairdresser will have to be careful not to go back over the exsisting highlights, and in your opinion would slices rather than weaves back to back give me a better overall blonde look on top or will it look like zebra stripes! xx

its easier to pick up slices to do the regrowth with hi-lites there is always going to be overlap because you have millions of hairs it is physically impossible not to pick up a few already coloured ones, you can just avoid picking up chunks ,which would show if there is breakage . personally , id leave it unless you have a special event coming up or more than a 3/4 inch regrowth ,but thats just me , i find that if you have the regrowth done to often soon it starts to look like an allover colour , which in itself isnt a problem ,its balancing the roots -more colour -more obvious roots . the roots will show less if you have more than one shade or colour - but again if you are very dark this may mean prelightening and then colouring over the top

thanx liana and sarah:hug:! xx

Thats ok!!! Let us know how you get on xxxx

I had similar problems when I had weaved highlights on the top. I dont like to see my natural colour through the top either Im a base of 4! So I have slices, 1 slice, 1 weaved throughout the top and then weaved throughout the rest. Getting a bit of breakage now though after a few years, but for me having weaved throughout the top after even a week it didnt look like Id had my roots done so Ive gone back to having the fine slices with the weaved. Hths!

Latest posts

Back