Can't get rid of my spots, help!! :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
Okay! This is getting me down :(
I started college doing beauty therapy in January, I had to buy a facial kit.
This is going to sound awful, but I never used to wash my face properly, just water, thats it. I always moisturize though. I'm guessing my face got used to that.
I started to use the cleanser and toner from my kit. Ever since I have broken out alot and can't seem to get rid of them.
I have had them for about a month now, I have tried everything healthy diet, keeping up my skincare routine , hydrogen peroxide (i heard that does wonders for spots!), Sudacreme, Facial steam, toothpaste, minimizing the amount of make up I wear.. you name it, i've tried it.

It's getting me down, I am due to learn facials in college in 2 weeks and dreading it! because of my spots

Sorry it's so long, just need advice :(

What brand of products are they you used? Have you tried any other professional products on your face since?

I'm using kaeso on my face and nope I havn't just been using this brand

You have probably alway been due a good breakout due to you lack of skin care, keep it up!! Your skin will clear up, what's most Likely is you started to clean your skin the right way, and your skin has reacted in spots a sign it's cleaning it's self from. As a skin therapist I always tell my clients that breakouts are good after a facial as there a sign it's working. Best of luck x

You have probably alway been due a good breakout due to you lack of skin care, keep it up!! Your skin will clear up, what's most Likely is you started to clean your skin the right way, and your skin has reacted in spots a sign it's cleaning it's self from. As a skin therapist I always tell my clients that breakouts are good after a facial as there a sign it's working. Best of luck x

all about patience then :( thankyou ! x

Yeah with out seeing your skin or working on it that's all I can tell you. Try a better brand maybe Keso is ok but dermalogica is amazing for younger skin x

I'm meant to be buying a different cleanser and toner soon as I'm using up all my college products woopsie! I'll have a look at that brand :) x

I'm meant to be buying a different cleanser and toner soon as I'm using up all my college products woopsie! I'll have a look at that brand :) x

If that's a bit costly try skin truth x

Im sorry and i dont mean to offend anyone one. But plz dont use skin truth. This is not a pro brand. It is very very basic. Dermalogica skin clearing wash should do the trick. But go easy on it its strong. Only use on the problem areas. You say you have tried everything but you also say its only been a month, nothing will work overnight you need to give each thing a fair chance to work. Go to sa dermalogica salon for a consutation. The products are a bit pricey but they last a long time and if it works which it will it will be worth every penny. Some salons may stock a trial size which is about £11 and will last a couple of months. X hth

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Im sorry and i dont mean to offend anyone one. But plz dont use skin truth. This is not a pro brand. It is very very basic. Dermalogica skin clearing wash should do the trick. But go easy on it its strong. Only use on the problem areas. You say you have tried everything but you also say its only been a month, nothing will work overnight you need to give each thing a fair chance to work. Go to sa dermalogica salon for a consutation. The products are a bit pricey but they last a long time and if it works which it will it will be worth every penny. Some salons may stock a trial size which is about £11 and will last a couple of months. X hth

I looked at Dermalogica skin clearing wash and unfortunately this is way out of my price range. I know I understand that but I've never had a breakout this bad, I only get a few usually and they are gone within a week x

Well after 7 years in beauty. This is the best thing iv found for spots. They will be gone within week if there not to to bad to start with. Maybe go into a salon and ask for a sample first. In my experience you get what you pay for. Pay a little more and get results ( money well spent)
pay less get no results (money wasted) yourl get even more fed up with the spots and go a buy the good product, and then you would have brought two.

Hi

I swear by the Eve Taylor Ion Wand and Sebum Serum.

This zaps my spots straight away. Takes down the inflammation and dries them out.

Had to use it today - think I must have a gum infection or something as woke up with a few zits - which is quite unusual for me.

Jane

We use skin truth in my college class, I broke out so badly as soon as I started using it. I use dermalogica clean start now :) bought some little samples from eBay and they worked so well! X

Thanks for all the comments! I'll have a look at skin truth and eve taylor :)

Hi

I swear by the Eve Taylor Ion Wand and Sebum Serum.

This zaps my spots straight away. Takes down the inflammation and dries them out.

I also find that Eve Taylor works really well and leaves your skin feeling lovely and smooth.

Dermalogica have great products, but they aren't in everyone's price range.

I agree that the spots are probably due to your skin having a good deep clean and that you should keep it up. It won't last long xx

Latest posts

Back