Car signage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having my car stickers/signs done, probably for the rear window and 2 doors.

Would you bother with a very fancy advert, i.e. logos and mention specific treatments etc or would you just keep it very simple??

i.e. my business logo, tel no, website address
offering mobile nails and beauty in Liverpool
Nails : Shellac : Spray Tans : Lashes : Pamper Parties etc etc

Or would you just keep it simple, i.e. Mobile Nails and Beauty in Liverpool and not bother with any branding??

Also would be fab if any other therapists have any photos they could show me and also any recommendations for where to get it done?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Might be worth checking with your car insurance (if you haven't already) whether it will affect your premium and whether you will need to notify them.

Good luck! :)

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Might be worth checking with your car insurance (if you haven't already) whether it will affect your premium and whether you will need to notify them.

Good luck! :)

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi, I have already checked with them and they said it wouldn't affect my premiums. :biggrin:

As long as you have appropriate car insurance signage should not be a problem my suggestion is use your business name a contact number and possible your most popular treatment if your offering if you have a lot

OK, was thinking...

Nails, Beauty, Spray Tans, Lashes & Pamper Parties?

What do you think??

I think logo, tel number, website and them list of treatments should be fine. Should be around the £200-£250 mark depending on size of car and technique used.

I had car signage for 3 years on my car, but took it off as my son had passed his test and needed to use the car too. I didn't mind because I only got 1 customer from it, a wedding party, so it paid off, but I also felt I could never get away from work with it on my car all the time ! Probably sounds silly, but it was just the way I felt.

I think logo, tel number, website and them list of treatments should be fine. Should be around the £200-£250 mark depending on size of car and technique used.

Crikey, wasn't expecting that much, that's not far off what the car is worth! hahaha :D

It's hard to see how it will pan out, some people say it's successful and others say it only generated prank calls or nothing at all.

There's no way I'd pay £200 quid, I'm just talking about a simple sign, maybe I'll just go for a rear one and keep it basic.

Then if all I get is crank calls, then I've lost nothing.

Like I say really depends on size of car :) very small cars may be closer to £100. People normally do get a lot of work from it if it's eye catching but of course depends on the design and colours etc :)

If you had a rear windscreen done in one way vision (can't see in but you can see out) with all your advertising this is normally £50-100+ depending on company and car. all ball park figures. You could take it to local sign and vehicle company to get rough idea.

You can just have a strip done for £25. But it's not as noticeable as all over your car !

You can just have a strip done for £25. But it's not as noticeable as all over your car !

I don't want my car completely signwrited. I was just thinking of the 3 stickers. :biggrin:

My dilema was posh stickers or bog standard stickers! ;)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382265451.306362.jpg
I posted this pic in another thread the other day so apologies if people have already seen it.
Anyway this is what I have on my old banger. People definitely notice it and it was really cheap (I.e a lot less than £100) hth x

View attachment 45759
I posted this pic in another thread the other day so apologies if people have already seen it.
Anyway this is what I have on my old banger. People definitely notice it and it was really cheap (I.e a lot less than £100) hth x

I have similar on my car and it was quite cheap from eBay.

View attachment 45759

Where did you have this done? X

Crikey, wasn't expecting that much, that's not far off what the car is worth! hahaha :D

I don't think it'll cost that much at all. If its cut lettering you could get it for £100-£150 if not cheaper. Shop around with different companies, small and local will get you the best deals.

Just had the proof back, 8 pieces for £89.00.

What do you think??? Not sure I want my logo on bonnet or sides of car to be honest.

Attachments

• proof (4).jpg
    proof (4).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 200
Just had the proof back, 8 pieces for £89.00.

What do you think??? Not sure I want my logo on bonnet or sides of car to be honest.

As it'a just cut lettering that's very reasonable.
I would of personally said keep the logos on it because it's brand recognition.

I'm a bit ashamed of my car to be honest, I guess it's one way of tarting it up! Now if I had a nice, snazzy new(ish) one, I wouldn't mind, although saying that you'd probably be naffed off having to cover your brand new motor in car stickers! :eek:

As it's a complete ****er to get off cars I don't recommend putting it on new cars or cars your intending to sell anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back