Caramel tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what everyone elses perception is of caramel, I think of it as quite golden, somewhat coppery, my client looked at me like I was stupid when I pointed out 'my' caramel tones! X

A mix of .4 and .5 with some naturals in there. That's what I used for my highlights today, lovely colours :)

I tell my clients to think of honey comb or the inside of a crunchier chocolate and what colour is it. They will say yellow/orange and there is your answer 😊

Passion for making people feel beautiful

I class 7g with 7n as caramel on blonde.

Golden with a tiny hint of copper x

I use .34 which is gold copper
I actually had someone last week with base 5 and asked for some "caramelly toffee" highlights I asked what her definition of in her words the above and she replied "like a light brown " lol

If I'm doing on a blonde client I normally do and 8/03 x

I tell my clients to think of honey comb or the inside of a crunchier chocolate and what colour is it. They will say yellow/orange and there is your answer 😊

Passion for making people feel beautiful

That's a good way to describe it! I love .34 for caramel and mayb 8.3 on blondes but people do look at you as if you have 2 heads when you show them the colour chart sometimes! "I want caramel and copper but no yellow or ginger...." :)

That's a good way to describe it! I love .34 for caramel and mayb 8.3 on blondes but people do look at you as if you have 2 heads when you show them the colour chart sometimes! "I want caramel and copper but no yellow or ginger...." :)
8/7, 7/73 wella. 8/5, 9/5 igora xx

Totally off topic but when I see this thread I keep reading the title as camel toe.

Kirsty

I ask the client to point out what they think is caramel on the shade guide, that way you can decide what you need to use to achieve this dependant on their hair colour :)

Exactly the same! :)

In Loreal I would say 7.31/8.31 that's just my experience that most people want when they want caramel/toffee etc, I would say any warm/golden 6 to 8 could be considered "caramel" so it's a person thing I guess x

7.14 loreal is a nice one too! X

Latest posts

Back