Card Machines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella

Reaction score
HI, does anyone use a card machine in their business. I amtrying to work out wether it's worth it. I do get ladies asking if they can pay by card, and I know they would spend more on retail if they had enough money on them. What do you think and if you do use one please pm me with info and costing. Much appreciated
Isabella hyde

Now I think that as soon as your business is established a card machine is all but essential. I have mine with 123 Send through a deal with the Federation of Small Businesses. There is a post in my blog on here all about the costs. I also accept Amex ... because I use Amex and so want to offer it, and clients do like the fact I do and have commented on it.

And yes, it is easier to upsell retail products when you accept cards.

Mat

Hi accepting card payments is the best thing i ever did. Clients spend a lot more in our salon and we have people calling in and buying retail products. Sure it will cost you but look around for the best deals. Most people these days prefer to pay by card and its easier to upsell, so you should earn more.
Hope this helps good luck x
Dee:)

Ive been looking at getting one for mobile use and have to say i'm not really sure if it will be worth it for me. They want you to sign up for 12 months and its about £30 per month. So quite a bit of money if it didnt kick off. I could do another course with it.
I definitely think you need one if your in a salon. Especially for retail as people don't see using their plastic as spending money!

Latest posts

Back