Card payment system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
For those who are renting a room...

What card payment system are you using?

Have you got one connected via a landline or wireless?

Which company are you with?

I'm hearing good things about Silverpay and am considering a terminal from them.....

They appear to have a package aimed at health and beauty, albeit I don't think other companies are much different, but a couple of friends have taken them on and feel it has been worthwhile.

We are successfully using paypal for card payments when we need to. This also means that we don’t have to have a separate dedicated phone line for the card machine to work with. (big monthly saving by not having that on its own)

The costs are comparable to a card clearing service and the cash flow is the same. No long contracts and you can cancel it at any time. People trust it because they are used to using paypal with ebay and stuff. And for the volume we do it makes sense. (around 2 transactions per day) the customer comes over to the screen and we do the payment together. So far in just over 6 weeks of trading there have been no problems either from the customers or clearing funds.

Have a look, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-standard-overview-outside

Im getting mine with hsbc and it's through a landline, but i am having a seperate landline to the hair dressers

sarah x

Latest posts

Back