Career advice help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyxox

Reaction score
Hello!
Im posting here as a really need some help and advice on my career path and where I should go in the beauty industry. I have spoken to my fiancé and family etc but I think I really just need advice from other proffessionals in the beauty industry because im at a loss!
My current situation is I work as a qualified hairdresser as second in charge at a hair salon I have been working in for 6 years. The boss is like a second mum now. It has been told to me many times that when she retires (give or take 2years time) I will be inheriting the salon.
My dream is to own my own salon OR open a beauty/hair wholesaler for salon proffessionals as the ones around here arent the best amd I love the idea etc.
lately comming to work has been getting harder. I love the industry but I really dont want to work for the man anymore. I want to BE the man. Within a year I will be married and looking at having children. The money im on at the moment isnt going to be enough really (we have a mortgage too) and I have my whole life been determined to be comfortable with money. Not rich by any means but comfortable and I just dont think its going to happen unless im an owner. I am just really stuck and confused wether I should stick out the salon to inherit it (although it needs alot of work done to it) start my own salon or chase my wholesaler dream.
any advice from people that have been in my position, opened or worked for their own wholesale business or salon is so greatly appreciated. Or even just personal advice on what youve read here or seen.
Im just feeling a little depressed, very lost about what to do!
Thankyou!
Casey xo

Noone can make that decision for you... all I would say is don't let fear hold you back. You don't wanna turn around in 10 years time and be wishing that you'd tried!
Personally, I'm working my ass off now to make sure once I quit my salaried job to do nails full time, I never have to work for anyone else again, that way my destinys in my own hands.

You could work hard on the promise of "inheriting " the salon...then some spanner gets thrown in the works and you don't "inherit" it...

just something to think about.

Yes and thats on my mind too. I am just feeling stuck is all and needed some advice from different perspectives :)

Latest posts

Back