Cars ,recomendations,economical motoring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recomendations,we are looking for a new car with low emissions and plenty of mpg to make our car more economical.

Atm we have an Astra on a 53 and need something of similar size prob on an 06 plate.

Do you have any tips or advice on how to make motoring more cost effective ?

Many thanks peeps x

Its a tough one is that becki...

We have just sold our much loved vectra 2.2i, it was OUR family car but costing a fortune to run it.
We are now down to 2 corsa's. one been 1.0 and the other a 1.4 SRI. We are hoping we can save money on petrol, road tax and insurance by only keeping the 2 small ones.

There still plenty of room in the back for 2 large baby seats and someone sat between them.

All that aside ive seen the car i would love to own, its a nissan cube...very hard to get over here but there is a garage that imports them and once customised they look awsome! (can you tell i go to the organised car cruises lol)

The front seat is like a bench (goes all the way accross) the back seat slides back and forth to allow as little or as much boot room, they also recline!

Only downside is they are automatic...not that it makes nuch diff to me as the way my mobility is going i'll have to have automatic soon.:green:

Here is a pic or 2 and a write up Google Image Result for http://www.cars-stuff.co.uk/images/cube/cube-dash.JPG

Last edited:
hi...we have just got a new car this week actually.
We used to have a lexus rx300 ...and it was beaytiful..I LOVED it...it was sooo pretty inside and comfortable....BUT it was running on average of 19 MPG!! and it was costing nearly £80 aweek in petrol and the car tax was starting ut of hand.....£300 a year plus the last service it had costt £700. It was just costing too much, plus i have better things to spend my money on...like shoes and clothes and holidays....which we were not getting.
We have now got a focus Cmax 2.0 tdci...it is great....i have only put deisel in it once an it still has 3/4 of a tank and running at about 50 MPG on average...plus it cost 120 pound in car tax for the year. It is really nice inside....and never thought we would get something as nice for what we paid for it. The boot is huge which is good for the push chair.
HTH's

Thanks ladies,atm we get about 35 mpg Lee travels 45 miles per day and pay £180 in tax a yr so something more economical than this woulkd be fab. x

Ive just changed my car to a Mini, its a 1.4ltr engine, well just under so it qualifies for the lower tax, its insurance group 2-3 so cheap there aswell, atm Im getting 52 mpg which is fab, and its such a lush little car!

Latest posts

Back