Cataracts and lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi
I've had a search and can't find a post for this.
I've had a client enquire about having lash extensions, she has just had eye surgery for cataracts on one eye. At the time she wants the lashes it will be 6 weeks since her op.
Would it be recommended to not perform the treatment? I have emailed my insurance company and an waiting for a reply.
I have told the client if my insurance will allow it I may need a note from her surgeon. I just don't know if it would actually be ok to do the treatment.
The surgeon has said she can wear makeup again after 4 weeks. She didn't ask about lashes though.
Thanks ladies & gents X

I would call your insurers and check with them first.

My dad just had cataract done and it was done using Lazer not surgically like they used to in the old days so after a week his eyes were fine. And a month the vision will improve so perhaps to be cautious is better.

I shouldn't think it would be a problem as you not using product one the eye just the lashes but perhaps the drops she has to use might be in conflict to the lashes or glue maybe? I would wait till she gets back about her doc msg or letter just to cover yourself

Latest posts

Back