CCO gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank goodness somebody finally told me that this site is actually owned by a distributor of those products because I was beginning to wonder how it is possible that only certain products get 'sums cum laude' praise on this forum. As if one person's opinion and experience is 'right' over other's opinions, etc. give us a break!
Sorry Izz, not before I comment on this post :)

S2 own this site now - but only because I started SalonGeek.com in 2002. Roughly 5 years before we started S2.

People who claim this is some kind of messaging tool for CND or S2 generally have little experience on this site (or others like it). Simply taking a look around would show brands are discussed zealously in roughly equal proportions to market share and the demographic they serve. CND is one of the leading brands in the industry and as such, it will usually generate more discussion then other brands. The double "whammy" is that the demographic of the average CND user generally tends to be one that loves education, professional development and sharing. You will frequently find those types of people here. None the less, virtually every single brand in the industry is discussed and debated with pretty much equal enthusiasm.

While professionals are passionate about their brands, we are passionate about the industry. Ultimately, use the products that tick all your professional boxes. Though I find it astonishing that real pros would try to save pennies per application to use clearly cheap knock offs that would happily bypass you in order to sell to your customer.

Far too frequently on this site I see people complain bitterly about salons coming into their area and undercutting them. Or stealing their customers. Or passing off on their good names. Or customers being able to source products from manufacturers and distributors bypassing the professional. All in the name of "making a quick buck".

Then I see professionals shaving pennies off applications (sometimes not even moving their cost of goods a single percentage point) by supporting companies that knock off other brands, do not advertise, do not educate, do not invest in consumer recognition programmes that support the professional, that sell direct to their customers. That don't even bother to have MSDS or meet local regulatory issues. In other words, supporting companies that "leech" off the industry and those that invest in it.

Maybe its industry karma.

Anyway - to bring things back to the original quote... this site is made up of the content that professionals within the industry provide and as such - it is "what you make it" with few exceptions: We won't allow people to spam it and we won't let ignorance go unchecked. Well... rather the community generally won't let it go unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back