Celebrity Endorsements: The Female Sports Stars Step Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
America has been playing ball for ages. The UK has been acing it for a while as well but mostly with men. Now it's the turn of the British female Olympic athletes to step up to the beauty endorsement plate (apologies if I got a little carried away with the sports metaphors).

There is something refreshing about seeing British female athletes getting a bite of the endorsement cherry. Jessica Ennis (Heptathalon World Champion) has been selected as the face of Olay's new ESSENTIALS range which will launch in March. Keri-Anne Payne (Olympic swimmer) is the new face of Max Factor's False Lash Effect Gold (see picture) and finally, it's the turn of British olympic track cyclist, Victoria Pendleton to snap up the Pantene Pro-V contract.

In America, male and female athletes alike have been earning seriously significant money through lucrative endorsement deals. In fact, American female athletes such as Michelle Wie are earning more than their male peers and it's nice to see that some of our British female athletes are starting to get a look in. Obviously, the upcoming London Olympics later this year has spurred beauty companies on to select faces that we are going to be seeing a lot of in the next few months but there's no reason this trend shouldn't continue.

Here at Salon Geek HQ, we're chuffed to bits to see female athletes getting snapped up by the beauty industry. Perhaps this is the sort of celebrity endorsement we can get fully on board with? Good role models? Strong females? Icons of dedication and commitment?

As ever, we love to hear from you.

Until then...geek on.

The Ed.

Attachments

• Max-Factor-Keri-anne-Payne.jpg
    Max-Factor-Keri-anne-Payne.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 699
I personally think it is great that these dedicated athletes can get sponsorship like this. Once upon a time when Olympic athletes all had to be strictly amateurs, they could not accept sponsorship but money produces results and publicity for the countries from which the athletes hale, and I think it is a poditive thing for everyone. JMHO

Any woman/person whom children look up to as role models that support a healthy lifestyle is great!

Olympic athletes are held to higher standards than professional athletes- they are drug tested and are held accountable.

This is deffo one of the times we should embrace what we do encourage the positive promotions. I'd rather have my kids aspire to be an olympian than a drug abusing pop star.....IMO:wink2:

Any woman/person whom children look up to as role models that support a healthy lifestyle is great!

Olympic athletes are held to higher standards than professional athletes- they are drug tested and are held accountable.

This is deffo one of the times we should embrace what we do encourage the positive promotions. I'd rather have my kids aspire to be an olympian than a drug abusing pop star.....IMO:wink2:

Well said x

Latest posts

Back