Certain gel polishes stain and seasonal changes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorothea

Reaction score
Hi,
Lately we noticed in the salon I work that there are certain OPI gel polishes that stains clients' nails quite deep. It is really odd because this didn't happen before the and I think it is at least 2-3 colours. I'd read of certain OPI colours with this problem but these are all darker, like Kerry Blossom and Got the Blues for Red. I'm not sure that the pigments changed in the formula because these are mostly the same bottles from summer. I suspect that it might be something with the change of the weather here in London. It just turned colder and clients who usually don't have any problems with their gel polishes, came back earlier to fix some chips on their manicures. The same happened to a few with SNS as well, with the dipping system we use. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks for reading!

My client had the dark red from the Christmas collection (sending you holiday hugs) on for 3 weeks or so, and one of her nails looked like it had been coloured in with highlighter after I soaked it off they were all a little stained though, I lightly buffed them as part of my prep and it seemed to lift the pink off a little so hopefully they are not stained deeply! Luckily we were applying a dark blue colour over it!

I'm unsure about the staining but the cracks in the cold weather usually come from the product not being as flexible as the gel gets a little stiff with the change in temperature. In order to prevent this I cure my acid based primer in the lamp before applying the base coat.

Hi,
Lately we noticed in the salon I work that there are certain OPI gel polishes that stains clients' nails quite deep. It is really odd because this didn't happen before the and I think it is at least 2-3 colours. I'd read of certain OPI colours with this problem but these are all darker, like Kerry Blossom and Got the Blues for Red. I'm not sure that the pigments changed in the formula because these are mostly the same bottles from summer. I suspect that it might be something with the change of the weather here in London. It just turned colder and clients who usually don't have any problems with their gel polishes, came back earlier to fix some chips on their manicures. The same happened to a few with SNS as well, with the dipping system we use. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks for reading!

Latest posts

Back