Change of name - opinions needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hi all!

My home salon is currently called Miss Couture Hair & Tan, ive had this name for a while and i used to have a shop on ebay that was also called miss couture.
Ive recently searched this name and its everywhere, lots of clothing shops, hair & beauty shops have this name now so Ive decided maybe a change is needed?
ive recently got married, so now im kaly hamblyn, I was thinking maybe Hamblyns Hair & Tan? or kalys Hair and Tan to make it more personal to me seen as i am a one (wo)man band?
Any advice needed please x

Hi, if you've had that name for a while, I'd be careful about changing it - unless you want to 'relaunch' your business as something new to what you are offering already, which is not a bad thing if that's your strategy. I'm thinking that your clients will know you as your current name and a change might be unsettling. I'm not sure that changing the name just because it's 'common' is the best plan. Hope that doesn't sound too negative, just want to caution you that there can be downsides so you need to be clear about why you're changing....

No that's good advice, thankyou.
To be honest I'm going more 'pro', upping my hours and setting up website etc so to hopefully gain new clients. I was thinking that using my own name sounds better as you wouldn't put your name to a product you didn't trust in yourself, that was my main reasoning for using my own name maybe.

Latest posts

Back