Change or invest?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlanta

Reaction score
Hi all
I trained with Gelish in 2012 and have used the products but never bought the gelish lamp
I'm wanting to learn nail art designs but trying to decide what to do.
I am in Leeds so S2 is not too far away so I'm thinking of training in Shellac then I will be able to do S2's nail art courses.
However having already trained with Nail Harmony am I being silly as Gelish lamp is LED (quicker) but I would have to see if Sallys had any design courses or travel to red 10 in doncaster for training.
Can those who have done nail art training with both these companies please give me your advice

I haven't done a nail art course so can't comment on which is better but have you tried just practicing nail art? Start simple watching youtube videos of designs like lines, flowers, studs, leopard print and just build on it! Then if you really enjoy it and want to go more advanced do a course. Hth :) x

Hi

Seems a bit silly to me to train in Shellac just to do a nail art course when you already have Gelish and are happy with it .

Nail art does not have to be complicated and I agree with the above poster . A Google search will give you all sorts of ideas for nail art and most of it is really easy .

But what is your reason for wanting to train in nail art ? Will you have a call for it and will your customers be willing to pay the extra for complicated art ?

In my experience they do not want to pay too much . Simple nail art is quick and cost effective both to you and to the customer

x

If you are going to the show this weekend, the 18G is on offer for £199. A super investment if you have any spare cash, plus its fabulous and much quicker for doing nailart.

I'd have to agree with the others. If you already have Gelish and have no complaints about it, invest in a good lamp and perfect your technique with Gelish. You can certainly do nail art with just Gelish, but stamping might be a good intro into nail art. Most of our customers aren't into elaborate nail art and with Gelish, pigments, glitter, and stamping, we can do most of what they're looking for.

Sally do a gelish design course!

Nail Harmony themselves do a Gelish design course! Highly recommend. Have done both the 101 and the phD :)

Have you spoken to your Educator?

Hiya I've not had much call for it I have clients who love their glitter and a couple of clients who have multi coloured nails but the rest stick to single colour. Will look at investing in the lamp this weekend and will invest some time into looking into utube videos and practicing dif designs. Thanks for all your replies I appreciate it and was wondering about investing in another brand as I have 3 on the go at the minute x

Here's some of my nail art I have done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 98
With gems

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 96
My faves

Attachments