Changing acrylic brand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
As the titles says i want to change the Acrylic brand i am using and i want some opinions, currently i am using the nubar acrylic system and i am not satisfied with it, i had also used tammy tailors acrylic system but i didn't like that either.

Any suggestions are welcome and if you could also post the pros and cons of the system you use would help me alot. :o

Hi Hun

In what way are you not satisfied with Nubar.

Xx

As the titles says i want to change the Acrylic brand i am using and i want some opinions, currently i am using the nubar acrylic system and i am not satisfied with it, i had also used tammy tailors acrylic system but i didn't like that either.

Any suggestions are welcome and if you could also post the pros and cons of the system you use would help me alot. :o
i woulds use nsi

It gives me a lot of trouble with the application and i can't find a good mix ratio for it.

"Reply to K-Nails"

Why dont you get a few samples of different brands and trial them to see which you get on with best.
I use NSI and have recently trialed CND and i absolutly loved it, ill be converting when i get chance!

It gives me a lot of trouble with the application and i can't find a good mix ratio for it.

"Reply to K-Nails"

I just remember the great Geeg saying on here that education is the key and help. Geeg can do a set of nails with any product but she chose to represent CND.

Before constantly changing brands try seeing if you can get some more help.
Perhaps a 121 with a Nubar educator. Then if you really don't like Nubar try another brand. Otherwise it will just keep costing you. Although each brand works slightly differently in mix ratio, prep and application are nearly always the same and if you don't get them right you can change 100 times but the outcome will always be the same. Good luck sweet xxxx

Tried to rep you K-nails, but apparently I have to share the love LOL

I agree with K.
Might I also ask how long you've been working with acrylic? If you're quite new at it, you might still be in the learning curve. So as she says, try a 1-on-1 to see if there's anything that needs adjusting.

My other advice would be:
Look to see what brands are readily available locally AND that offer quality education and support.
THEN choose from there.

Choosing a brand that's difficult to obtain would be a nuisance in the long run.

Best of luck.

Well, as said above, I did choose to use first and then to represent and brand CND in the UK and there were several reasons for that big change in my life and in my salons. The products themselves (superior in every way to the rest) and the education that went along with them.

Chrisole, you might think it is your mix you don't 'get on with' when in fact it is maybe just the quality of the product you don't like.

CND is simply, a wonderful product and unique in very many ways. It is easy to work with, it is easy toi file, hard to break, unnoticeable to wear (no weight, minimal shrinkage) perfect clarity from month to month, quick to remove and long lasting. ANY technician who knows her stuff, can feel the difference in the ease of workability the first time they use CND ... If they can't then I always say, they do not deserve to use it lol. Your Life as a tech will be so much easier, you will end up being much better educated, and your clients will LOVE you for using it.

If you want more info on obtaining a 'tryme' kit and conversion classes then ring Sweet Squared the authorised distributors for CND on 08452106060.

Thank you all with your replies, I am still new at doing acrylics as i have not had alot of "real" practice on it with actual people, mostly on my trainer, there is no nubar trainer here to help and the girls at the store are not very helpful.
I really wish i had the option to the get samples and try them but i have asked a few places and they couldn't give me any, the best a couple of places could do was do one acrylic nail on me to "see" the product.
I am on a tight budget so i can not afford going around trying different brands and the reason mostly i picked nubar is because it was available and at a low cost but i think i should move on to a better brand.

Thanks again for all your replies, it was really helpful :)

Latest posts

Back