Changing business details

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.P Hair

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum :D

Opened my new salon L.P Hair at the start of October

Just wanting a it of advice, the shop was formally an estate agents, every time I apply for something online the database or address finder always comes up as the estate agents.... Any idea how I change all this stuff to the salon??

Many thanks

I think you need to get yourself registered on google and I think it automatically changes it over.lol it did for me anyway xx

It wasn't as simple as that for me. All the free listings I had to change manually. Bring up the estate agents name on the free listing sites (and there are loads) somewhere usually at the top or bottom of the page will say 'is this your business?', then you have to click on those words, register with them and change it to yours. It takes ages to do purely as there are so many but I took my time and did it. However I'm sure someone is going to come along and tell me this was all a waste of time and a much easier solution is to be found.....HTH

Cheers, I'm awaiting my pin, does this cover things like... I enquired about a business phone , in the 02 shop when he looked on the database for the address , again it came up as the estate agents :|

If the estate agent was there for years then you will get these for many more years to come. There isn't an easy solution I'm aware of (I may be wrong). When I enter some of our clients shipping details into the FedEx system it guesses the company name using PostcodeFinder but most the time it's wrong as most of my clients generally have only been in the premises a year or 2.

Thanks guys , all replays are great fully received :D

Thanks guys , all replays are great fully received :D

Ok manually it is then. ... do try it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been doing the exact same thing this week, all manually as I moved from my salon to home two years ago and still the old address is listed.

If you do some of the bigger listings some of the smaller ones will convert as they are linked, scoot for example.

However you get bombarded with junk calls!!!

I've had utilities, and the listing sites calling me to upgrade to premium listings for premium money I might add, so be strong be firm only pay if you really need to otherwise the free listings are fine xx

Hi you can have the business name that appears at the registered postcode changed by emailing Royal Mail. I did it a couple of months ago and it only took a couple of days to be changed :) think the email address is
[email protected]
Hope that helps :)

I found that as I moved my telephone line across to my new premises, companies called me presuming I was a new business and wanted to be listed but I just gave them my old salon address and asked them to update it to my current one! :)

Latest posts

Back