Changing shade of blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya
Wondered if anybody could help me out please!
I currently use Wella Blondor and my hair is getting in quite bad condition and breaking. So Im wanting to get away from Blondor but still want to keep blonde but not as white as I am now! More a softer blonde.
How would it be possible to do this?
I went into a few hairdressers and asked what they would do with my hair. They all said to tone down the color I need to keep on with putting Blondor on but then a toner ontop. I dont want to do this as its the Blondor thats damaging my hair so I want to get away from it.
I thought it would be possible to use a high lift tint color on it but 1 hairdresser said no way could I do that.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

hi, all depends on your natural colour!
Hiya
I currently use Wella Blondor and my hair is getting in quite bad condition and breaking. So Im wanting to get away from Blondor but still want to keep blonde but not as white as I am now! More a softer blonde.
I went into a few hairdressers and asked what they would do with my hair. They all said to tone down the color I need to keep on with putting Blondor on but then a toner ontop. I dont want to do this as its the Blondor thats damaging my hair so I want to get away from it.
I thought it would be possible to use a high lift tint color on it but 1 hairdresser said no way could I do that.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Hiya

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
hi karen, is it yourself that is putting on the blondor or a hairdresser ????

Posted via Mobile Device

Myself

You are probably overlapping the lightner which is of course going to break your hair! Salon lightners dont break your hair unless used improperly. Sorry to say it but go to a hairdresser.

I cannot afford or have the time to go to a hairdressers every 2-3 weeks to get my roots done. I do it myself with help for the back and dont have any overlapping. Its not there that breaks anyway its the ends. And yes I do use treatments.
I just came on for advice on how to go about changing the color of my hair properly

as professionals it would be pretty irresponsable if we gave you as a non professional advice on colouring your own hair xx if its the money then your local technical college is a great way to get your hair done on a budget..tutors are there with the students and your hair would be done properly. by doing it yourself even slight over lapping would cause breakage...i am qualified and find it hard to do my own root regrowth.
like i said we cant give you advice on products that a professional would use if your not a professional yourself xxxx

Latest posts

Back