Changing to Flirties extra strength - any tips on application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmizzbest

Reaction score
Hello fellow lashers

After sticking with an odourless glue for about 18 months, I decided to take the plunge and go with a faster/stronger glue to speed up application.

Having looked at this site, I have gone with flirties extra strength as it seems to have a good reputation.

One of my regulars (having been patch tested) is being my first customer to try infills with it tomorrow and I wondered if there are any tips on application I need to be aware of????? As I've used odourless before, customers have never had to wait before opening their eyes etc as it doesn't cause any stinging or watering.

I'm really hoping this glue is successful as it's taken quite a lot for me to swap over as I've been fairly happy with existing one, except it takes too long to set.

Any tips/advice much appreciated.

Julie xxx

can I ask what glue you used before? I'm new to lashes & use marvel lash but it's too slow but flirties expert strength would be too quick setting for me so I need something that's kind of in the middle of the 2 glues, hope that makes sense, thanks x

can I ask what glue you used before? I'm new to lashes & use marvel lash but it's too slow but flirties expert strength would be too quick setting for me so I need something that's kind of in the middle of the 2 glues, hope that makes sense, thanks x

Hi mrs-c

I have always used A H Francis pro blend and have found it generally very good. On longer lengths you do have to sometimes lift the lash up if it falls to one side when you apply it and keep it there for few seconds but I will still be using it on sensitive clients. It's quite important to stick to the use by date as it does go watery after 3 months and it's better to use it with their plastic glue holders (clear ones), as it doesn't like the cold surface of a jade stone.

Good luck with your lashing.

Julie xxx

Thanks for your reply xx

Thanks for your reply xx

Hi

Forgot to mention a company in Hants called lashbase, they do very reasonably priced lash products you could consider too. I've not used their glue but I know quite a few people that have and like it.

Xxx

Hi

Forgot to mention a company in Hants called lashbase, they do very reasonably priced lash products you could consider too. I've not used their glue but I know quite a few people that have and like it.

Xxx
I've used their glue it is pretty good. The companies founder trained me! Hehe! They are a very good company to deal with and very reasonably priced.

I have switched over to flirties glue too and just now buying my second,
It is very strong fume wise and your clients will notice the difference. I do now really like it after being unsure at first. I would usually give them and few minutes after I have finished before they open there eyes and do get them to sit up so they're not looking directly in the line of the lid where the glue is. The glue does give you enough time before drying if you do need to rearrange the lash so don't be too scared!

It is very strong fume wise and your clients will notice the difference. I do now really like it after being unsure at first. I would usually give them and few minutes after I have finished before they open there eyes and do get them to sit up so they're not looking directly in the line of the lid where the glue is. The glue does give you enough time before drying if you do need to rearrange the lash so don't be too scared!

Great thanks, will bare those things in mind xxx

Hi Julie I use flirties its good and very quick drying, best tips I can give you thats if your not doing this already is: use a glue ring on finger and use strip lashes stuck on hand, this way you can work quickly hth.

Hi there
Thanks for your tips and advice.
Did my first set of infills this morning and really noticed a difference in speed. Am pleased so far that I made the jump to stronger glue so keeping my fingers crossed I don't get any symptoms from fumes.

Julie xxx

Hi Julie I use flirties its good and very quick drying, best tips I can give you thats if your not doing this already is: use a glue ring on finger and use strip lashes stuck on hand, this way you can work quickly hth.

Hi ya
Thanks for tips.
I've got the glue rings but prob I have is I apply lashes with both hands (left hand left eye & right hand right eye), I can't do it any other way but it does mean I have to have lashes stuck on top of both hands.

Glad flirties works for you as I was hoping to make lashes faster so it's better timewise and financially. Still got my A H Francis one for sensitive people but fingers crossed this one will be suitable.

Thanks again
Julie xxx

Latest posts

Back