Charge for GelColor removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
Hi all, I am having a price increase - it's been 2 years since my last one and I am always told how cheap I am! Anyway I was just thinking about whether I should charge extra for my GelColor when I do a removal and reapplication-at the moment I charge £19.50 for application then £19.50 again for the follow up appointments (when I soak off, do full nail prep and reapplication - obviously with colour change etc if required) Do you charge more for a soak off? Also do u charge for a soak off if they have a soak off and then no reapplication just a mani. Thanks!

Hi all, I am having a price increase - it's been 2 years since my last one and I am always told how cheap I am! Anyway I was just thinking about whether I should charge extra for my GelColor when I do a removal and reapplication-at the moment I charge £19.50 for application then £19.50 again for the follow up appointments (when I soak off, do full nail prep and reapplication - obviously with colour change etc if required) Do you charge more for a soak off? Also do u charge for a soak off if they have a soak off and then no reapplication just a mani. Thanks!

Not all techs charge when removing there own work but I do, I charge £20 for basic shellac and £25 for removal and reapplication. £10 for removal by itself.

X

Felicity xx

I charge £28 for shellac and complimentary removal included.
I don't usually get removals but when I have I have charged £10 as they were not genuine shellac or my work and took over an hour to break the seal & soak off and repeat!

I charge £25 for OPI GelColor and don't charge for removal if I've done it and a new set being applied. For just a removal or removing another persons gel then I charge £10. X

We started a new policy where we do not charge for removal of our own work - it is built into the initial price. We do charge for removing other techs' work - $12. Our logic was that we don't want clients doing their own removals. Even with good instructions, they either picked it off or did other damage which they then blamed on us or the product. So we do our clients' removals and I think their nails look pretty good!

Latest posts

Back