Charging Extra for Layered Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
I haven't seen this question asked before (but it may have been, sorry) so it's an idea I'm exploring.

Do any of you charge clients extra for a layered Shellac?
I realise that it's still 2 color coats, but rather 1 coat of two different colors instead of 2 of the same color, however,

We charge additionally for a french finish using 2 colors, so is it unreasonable that I consider having my price for a layered color Shellac the same as a french polish?

Or would this be something you would build into your standard price and only charge more for a french, or should it not make a difference whether layered or not?

I hope I've articulated this well. It seems sensible to me to charge extra, but please share your opinions :D

Not for layering, as I'm using the same amount of product and the same amount of time, but I charge $8 extra for french because it's a little more time.

I charge $20 for Shellac. $25 for French. No extra charge for layering. :)

thank you for sharing ladies x

I don't charge any extra for doin French so there for no extra for layering
Hth

I charge the same but I did wonder are people charging for the glitter shimmer coat as that becomes an extra layer (coat)? x

I don't charge extra for layering or an extra coat of sparkle. I'm still making plenty of $$$ and don't want to become that nail tech with a bunch of add ons. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back