CHARGING FRIENDS AND FAMILY

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK ... I had too little information.

But I think the advice is good for others who may be thinking of doing the same thing. Set the limits.

It is definitely time to remind friend number 2 that you are running a business then ... agreed. :evil:

Even friend number 1 obviously feels uncomfortable with the arrangement as you agreed so I would accept what she feels comfortable doing because at some stage you are going to add the cost of her services up and find that you are on the short end ... she must realize this and is happy to pay.

Jo Carlisle who lives with me is one of our Creative ambassadors and she does my SpaPedicures every 3 weeks. She felt that she wanted to do this as a thankyou to us for letting her live with us until her apartment is ready in May. I said NO! I will pay for my feet and you will pay us rent ... end of story. We both are very comfortable with this arrangement.

Geeg, you are absolutely right in that we undervalue ourselves as women, although we are incredibly strong, far more so than men I believe - mine's a lack of confidence at the moment. Changing careers after 15 years has been a shock, and a pleasure, and I will get there I'm sure :D

Best Regards

Tina

Trinity Nails said:
Geeg, you are absolutely right in that we undervalue ourselves as women, although we are incredibly strong. Tina

Tina you are right and of course there is that fundamental thing that all we women seem to have which is (and vanessaB mentioned it above) we almost feel that to charge is being confrontational and we shy away from it. But when one is strong and sticks to it ... look what happenned .. not a client lost!! Well done!

I am no different - just more experienced now - and hoping to pass some of that experience on to others.

I remember very well absorbing product price increases for ages until one day I just thought ... this is not being business like ... If I put my prices up and loose a few in the process, the extra charge will make up for it initially and we will get more clients for whom the new price is the norm! did it and didn't loose a client. You just have to have the guts to go for it and to do it in a businesslike way and take the emotion (man we girls are so good at emotion) out of it. Good luck!

Hello!

Don't cut yourself up about this I did too! You have got to charge everyone, because at the end of the day you have a skill that you have worked hard to get, and if your friends and family were to have the treatment elsewhere they would have to pay then - so don't feel guilty about taking money off them you are giving them a service and a fab one at that I would have thought!

x x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back