Charity advents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wanted to pick your brains if i may?

I have been asked to do a charity advent for a childrens, cancer. and its called the YummY Mummy day, its being held at a place called Big Fun for all the ladies from Mums and Tots and anyone else who wishes to attend.

I am going to be offering mini facials, makeover, foot massage, hand massage, and introduction to reflexology.

If anyone has got any other ideas that might be of relavance id appreciate any ideas please.

I am going to be taking most of the salon with me LOL.

Leaflets, business cards, posters, my makeup and polish, lipstic display, eve taylor facial range to see if i can push sales really..

Have i left anything out?

Thankyou for reading this thread go to Bliss Salon UK

Last edited:
How about offering face painting for the kids if you are insured to do it?

Hey ruth

Thanx for your reply

Thats a really cool idea, but i,m not sure if my holistic and beauty insurance covers it. and ive never done face painting b4 but it car,nt be that hard if you copy from the pictures. it will be like copying a make-up look i should think,,

ill think about that and ring my insurance up fisst thing monday

cheers for that:)

I have done a few of these events and haven't really found that they work. Everyone has a fab night and you will be rushed off your feet, but what you need is new business. The first thing I would do is ask the organiser where you will be situated and whether you can have a spot in the main area as event organisers tend to think of putting therapists somewhere nice and quiet so that visitors can have a quiet restful taster. Good for them, not good for you as you might not get a great footfal past your area. I was once put in a room all by myself and no one wanted to come in. Disaster. The other thing I would do is offer an incentive for booking a treatment at the do, so tae your diary along. Good luck with it and I hope it works for you. The main thing is get your name out there as much as poss!

How about running a draw to win a free facial/pedicure/massage etc and get people to enter their details on a form then, providing that they don't object, you can add them to your mailing list for future marketing. The winner of the draw may then convert to a regular client.

Hope you have a smashing night, keep us posted on how you get on!

Em x

Latest posts

Back