Chasing Shellac Smile Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Hi

just recently trained with shellac, tidying cream puff smile line with dsperce and small brush which looks great, however I find that the dsperce is bleeding/staining the white I'm removing over the nail plate. Any advice on where I'm going wrong. Hence the title it's as tho I'm chasing the white up the nail plate towards the eponychium trying to remove it.

I'd say your brush is probably too wet! Try doing it with a dryer brush see if that makes a difference

I agree... Sounds like your brush may be too wet... It should be slightly damp... Also make sure if you are tidying your smiles with a gel brush you need to have applied a pink of your choice, otherwise you will remove your base coat. You will have no problems at all if you do it that way.

Yep, I agree, it sounds like your brush is too wet with the Dsperse, just work a bit (or a lot) drier and this should make all the difference.

forgot to mention, I apply the smile line after curing 1 layer of romantique, will try to keep the brush drier, thanks xx

arrgggh, I've dried my brush off and I'm still having the same problem, its as tho the romantique layer hasnt cure and is being removed while I smarten up the smile line, please help, got 2 friends to french shellac tomorrow for a wedding and don't want to disappoint them xx

I don't think the Romantique is being removed, just the sticky layer of the Romantique. Just to be sure, check to make sure all your bulbs are working properly.

Try using a dry brush to tidy up with. Also, I sometimes use the corner of my dry orangewood stick. HTH! :)

Latest posts

Back