Cheap Shellac & Minx services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
How do some of us stand a chance when salons/technicians sell their services so cheap. In the town centre where I live Minx is £15 with a free pedicure & one of my clients has Shellac done by a home based lady for £10. I am home based & charge £21 for minx & £20 for Shellac and I know that is at the low price end. Does anyone else find this locally to them? 

How on earth on they making any money seems like these people don't know how to run a business because I certainly wouldn't work for that kind of money. By the time you factor in costs they are making pence. Specially minx toes where people can push them for weeks!

don't know where you live but I'm down south we have techs doing shellac for £8 & minx for £10! I charge £25 for minx but most time have on offer for £20 as when u say to people £25 they turn there noises up n £15 for shellac f&p!

tasha

don't know where you live but I'm down south we have techs doing shellac for £8 & minx for £10! tasha

OMG, how do they stay in business? Can they be using legit products?

Mind you, even if they are using cheap fake products, they will still be making pennies.

I really don't believe they are using Minx for a start. I think they are using one of the very cheap alternatives. The clients won't go back when they realise that they are using inferior thing. If they are using the real Minx, they won't be working for long as they will not be able to afford to.

I really don't believe they are using Minx for a start. I think they are using one of the very cheap alternatives. The clients won't go back when they realise that they are using inferior thing. If they are using the real Minx, they won't be working for long as they will not be able to afford to.

I still don't think other products to minx price is much cheaper!? Hope that makes sense lol tnw are only a few pound cheaper. If you charge £10 for minx you make absolutly no money as heat sources cost about 50p per hour to use lol! I really am a salon geek!!

Let them get on with it. A salon 8 doors down from me charges £20 for minx but I hve now put my price up to £30.. Tbh minx isn't a massive earner it's more of a novalty I think anyway :) I always say I make more money waxing 4 sets of eyebrows an hour but I do these new treatments to keep with the trends.

Don't be bothered by them and keep a small collection I say :) just the popular ones as it's alot of money to sit on x

I think you are right Emily, there really is nothing cheap enough on the market to make £8 for "Shellac" and £10 for "Minx" profitable.

It is advertised as Minx £15 and the artwork is definitely Minx. My client who came with the £10 Shellac was wearing Tutti Frutti and it had been on her nails 3wks and looking good. Like someone has said, how long can they stay in business working with almost no profit. I pride myself on keeping lots of different Minx designs and all Shellac colours in stock and refuse to drop my prices as i think they are low enough. Its a shame that some people degrade the services we provide.:rolleyes:

Stick with your prices Gattia, you dont want to be running at a loss, you have to make a wage as this is your business..

The other people may be doing a good job but they certainly wont be making any money and with a small profit how can they afford to re-stock products and tools etc let alone make any sort of wage?

If people/clients ask why you charge more than so-and-so down the road, just say to them - because I still want to be here, offering my treatments this time next year. :green:

Thanks Muddi - as sometimes I am just lost for words when clients tell me about these cheap prices and I do a good, professional job in my relaxing & comfy room, so I will stick with my prices :)

don't know where you live but I'm down south we have techs doing shellac for £8 & minx for £10! I charge £25 for minx but most time have on offer for £20 as when u say to people £25 they turn there noises up n £15 for shellac f&p!

tasha
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen them that low:eek:

That is really cheap! I charge £25 shape, cuticle & shellac and think that's too cheap as it's taking me around 45min, do you do cuticle work as well? Also do any of you charge money to take shellac off?

I am home based and charge £24 for Shellac and £25 for Minx. I have never had a single person complain about the price. The people charging such a low amount will soon regret it when they do their accounts and realise they have made little or no money! Stick with your prices and professional service and like the other person said you will still be here next year xx

Those prices must just be because they are practising and covering their costs and a little more.

I would only charge that if thats what i was doing, so basically, until i felt confident, or until i know my service lasts on the nail.

Maybe thats what they are doing, and if that price has been up for weeks, maybe they STILL arnt good enough at doing it to charge the correct price, or they are really unpopular at their salon and they are trying to get people in, which they shouldnt as then nobody will want to pay £20 for the service once they have paid £8!

It wont last when people do these prices, so dont worry. They would have to be really really dumb to keep doing it for like £3 profit!!

There are some people where I am charging £15 for Shellac & Minx and I charge £30. I just dont see the point in working for so little but you say they won't last but they started last May and are still there so it is a little worrying.

I have the same problem in my area with one salon doing shellac and minx at £10 and everytime I seem to add something new to my menu she adds it at a cheaper price.

Not all clients go foe cheap. It's about u and ur services and how ur salon is run. 

Latest posts

Back