Cheapest place to buy Shellac UV gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
I have recently started to offer shellac nails, i dont have my own salon i just do mobile so cant really charge the same amount as a salon. Sweet squared charge around £** per bottle of shellac plus postage, i found a shop near me that charge £** each. I buy them here as i dont have to pay postage and more importantly i can get them straight away i think its worth the extra. Just wondering if anybody has found cheaper? Ive looked on evay but seems to be a lot of fake shellac on ther mainly bluesky shellac whatever that is? Im in the kent/south east london area. Would love to hear from someone. Thanks x

Last edited by a moderator:
Do yourself a favor love and search for other threads covering this exact thing. There is no thing like cheap shellac unless it is fake

Hi

To be sure you are buying genuine Shellac you should only buy from Sweet Squared or one of their distributors. There are so many fakes out there and some of them are very convincing!

If you are concerned about postage costs then Ellisons (who are distributors of S2) offer free delivery on purchases of £50 or more.

Don't buy off ebay as you can't be sure you will be getting a legitimate product, this could lead to a lot of problems with curing, insurance etc...besides which your clients are paying for and deserve Shellac bought from reputable sources.

The only 2 places I know of are S2 and Ellisons, with Ellisons, they have free postage at a lower amount than S2...hth x

No trade prices are supposed to be on here as non trade can see,

as said before if you are not buying from authorised distributors then you are not buying the real product and subsequently are putting your clients at risk of allergies etc and will not be covered by your insurance xx

Thanks for the replies girls, i thought would be best to avoid ebay. Suppose will have to stick to s2 but will check ellisons out too. Thank you. Thought maybe will be a cheaper alternative as i am struggling to start up at the moment even with offers and only charging £15 a set or £25 for toes and feet xx

You have referred to Shellac as a gel polish in the title of the thread. If you are just starting out, I recommend you swatting up on the product, so you can advise your clients on exactly what it is they are getting, and that is not a gel polish.

We have a responsibility to educate and inform our clients and it also helps to build a trusting relationship. All good stuff when you are just starting out. ;)

Thanks for the replies girls, i thought would be best to avoid ebay. Suppose will have to stick to s2 but will check ellisons out too. Thank you. Thought maybe will be a cheaper alternative as i am struggling to start up at the moment even with offers and only charging £15 a set or £25 for toes and feet xx

Shellac is not expensive to buy if you are charging the correct price for the service. It is a premium product and you really must be charging accordingly, £25 for fingers and toes is crazy! Do not worry about what others are charging in your area, always charge what you, your products and your time are worth.

You say you can't charge as much because you are mobile but you are doing the same work if not more by going to the client so it's more convenient to them! You should be charging what its worth for this service and not underselling yourself. An introductory offer is good to start off with but you should consider upping your prices slightly to cover costs and your time. Just say it takes 1hr 30 for shellac fingers and toes, travel and set up time 30mins approx then fuel and product costs on top ... It probably works out that you are working for less than minimum wage!

The price of the products are what they are you won't find them cheaper anywhere unless they're fake it can be expensive when starting up and offers are a good way of getting on your feet but if you were to charge accordingly then you wouldnt need to be looking for ways of finding products for cheaper!

Last edited:
Just a quick question. Very important one too. Do you use the CND Lamp for your Shellac?

I know how expensive it is to start up. I was one of those that had to buy every new thing I heard about. I still have untouched AcryGel in my case, I also bought cheap tat ( Gel polish ) online which sounded like good value for money - No not any rip off products just plain old rubbish not even pretending to be something else. Had to throw that away, Most of my kit is really good but I honestly find I only use Acrylic and ocassionally Gel. Once in a while do I get a request for a Soak Off gel so there was really no need for me to have every available treatment out there in my case.LOL

Plan your purchases and resist the temptation to buy a whole bottle of color for just a one off treatment. Colors follow the fashion trends and every season they change so you could end up with a lot of unused product. At least with layering you can still come up with nice newer colors.

Good luck and try not to get caught up in the "Cheap Treatment" trap. It is hard to increase your prices if your clients are used to paying so little

Latest posts

Back