Cheapest set near you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£5 shellac colour changing!

Obviously Bluesky. My area is swamped with low prices. There is so much competition. Even the most amazing nail techs prices are low!

This is why I gave up on nails after 5 years of doing them. The industry has changed a lot since I started and it's not heading to a great place!

Had a leaflet through the door for a mobile hairdresser who also does nails - £12 for a set! I am £20 minimum! Xx

Oh what about a nail tech that does a bit of hair, shall we say £6 for a full head with cut & blow dry!? GOOD GRIEF!!!

What is the matter with these people?

I saw the cheapest offer near me on a fb selling site today! £5 mani or pedi with gel polish and then acrylics with gel polish £10 x

Last edited:
I would not bother rolling out of bed for that kind of money.

Driving past a salon on my way home on Friday and noticed an offer for full set acrylics for £12.50 x

Driving past a salon on my way home on Friday and noticed an offer for full set acrylics for £12.50 x
Haaaaaa [emoji23]
The bottom line is I wouldn't want a client that wanted £12.50 acrylics or even £10 gel polish. People say it's an offer to get them in the door. Yeah and they are unlikely to return when you increase your prices.
I'd rather have less appointments for more money!

Haaaaaa [emoji23]
The bottom line is I wouldn't want a client that wanted £12.50 acrylics or even £10 gel polish. People say it's an offer to get them in the door. Yeah and they are unlikely to return when you increase your prices.
I'd rather have less appointments for more money!
I totally agree, although it does make it harder when you tell them your own prices and they think you are charging the earth.

I don't know how they do it. I think it's just a sideline where they went bothered about running it as a proper business. And have a wage coming in elsewhere. But in my opinion they are only dis valuing themselves and the industry we are in

I charge £20 too

I totally agree, although it does make it harder when you tell them your own prices and they think you are charging the earth.
You find your niche though. Most of my appointments are through FB and recommendation and vast majority are with glitter, swarovskis etc. Clients are happy to pay for it X

We should monitor these people charging peanuts and see if they're still there this time next year

'Cheep as chips & Co.' are either;
1. Cr*p at nails
2. Doing nails as a side-line
3. Hobby interest
4.A way to make new friends.........o_O

IMO, you CANNOT charge less than £25.00 for Shellac, and make any sort of profit.
No profit = No business.:cool:

The usual suspects Elite99, bluesky - it is being offered as Shellac....

It does make it seem as we are being greedy, I've been told by 3 different people this week enquiring about Acrylic nails that £23 for a full set is too expensive

View attachment 196692

I've now posted that on my Facebook page, just a subtle hint to not message me just to say it's too expensive and can they have a discount [emoji4]
And then you can get 'i dont want shellac as it didnt last me last time' could be something to do with paying a fiver and it not being Shellac!

when you girls are talking about the pricing, do you refer to just putting the color on or the full mani? here in Toronto area they are priced differently, in my area the price is low if you compare that to how much a Plumber charge you. Most nail technician is Vietnamese ladies with poor English, I think that's why their boss can charge so little then pay their workers poorly too.

F
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467661603.385034.jpg

Found these little beauties before, £8 also tans for £8 [emoji15]

I walked past a shop yesterday saying £6.50 for CND Shellac, I don't do nails as my full time job but charge more than that and it makes me mad to think someone running a shop charges that much. I would guess it's not genuine products to be charging that low!!!

FView attachment 198887
Found these little beauties before, £8 also tans for £8 [emoji15]
I'm not a nail technician but even I can see these are crap! No thanks I will go to my fully qualified nail technician and pay for her experience and quality products

Latest posts

Back