check this out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah and they are selling monomer and sending it via normal post!! have emailed them and not had a response to that one!!

wow, how professional do they look, bidding for a nail course...nice .... mores the fool that actually bids, can just imagine the quality of the training, if this is what they do to promote it.

It would be interesting to know which national qualification you gain once youve completed the course but also dont you think it would be interesting if one of our fellow geeks booked on the course just to go and have a noisy round. it really gets my back up when places like this offer this sort of training to people (sorry i dont want to offend anyone who done any of this training) then they can go out and offer sevices as a qualified nail tech. because has we all know that it takes a lot of hard work and hard earned money being spent to keep on with education being able to offer up to date nail services. But some just think by doing just a quick course like this is just a quick fix to becoming a nail tech.

sorry if ive gone a bit, and i hope it makes sense what iam trying to say.

emma

Hi Sarah

i am with you on this!:eek:

Dont know if you went on to the academy's web site ?,but as far as i can see they do not state a specific brand of product they are using, surely if they are a reputable academy,( not saying they are not of course) they would be proud to advertise the product they intend to use.
Maybe i am a little over causious, or completely wrong on this( probably way out, knowing me):smack: dont understand who it is excactly advertising this course on e-bay, surely not the academyDoh:confused: am a bit thick ?

Luv:Love: n Stuff

Christi xxx

These are the same people that 'taught' nail er, um enhancements??? to two of my ex nail art students!
They also gave them a certificate for the nail art they learned in MY class, and just told them to write my name on :evil:
If anyone ever sees my name on one of their certs, grab it and rip it to shreds will ya!!!

This is where i did a gel nail class which was awful, it really infuriates me seeing this :mad: the training was the worst i had ever experienced!

Yeah - I saw that and thought you what??!

I thought the same thing! REAL professional!
Kinda goin off thread here- but someone is selling the Creative professional kit on ebay!!!! it annoys me even more because a girl i know thinks she can 'do' nails with a kit from boots! so if she sees this.........!
it says royal mail 1st class recorded so does that mean they will be shipping monomer illegally or not?
wanted to send them a message telling them it is illegal, but thought id better check 1st! x

The Academy is near to where I live .
On ringing them they could not tell me what brand of acrylic that they use I was told oh its just our own brand. when I asked but what name is it I wasn't told. I have seen the results of some of the nails that the students do due to my interviewing girls to work in my salon, and I wasn't happy with the standard .I'm afraid that anyone having done a course at the nail academy wouldn't be suitable to work in my salon .
They are told nothing about contraindications ,hygiene ect just how to apply the product.
Unfortunately they are now indorsed by the Guild and Babtac.I rang them and double checked,those are two of the main insurance bodies I am insured with the Guild with proper qualifications in Nail's & Beauty ,but now I am so dissapointed , i'm afraid that we are on a slippery slope downwards in the Nail and Beauty world I feel that we are becoming worthless in our proffession.

Ruby

Ruby said:
Unfortunately they are now indorsed by the Guild and Babtac.I rang them and double checked,those are two of the main insurance bodies I am insured with the Guild with proper qualifications in Nail's & Beauty ,but now I am so dissapointed , i'm afraid that we are on a slippery slope downwards in the Nail and Beauty world I feel that we are becoming worthless in our proffession.

Ruby
O.M.G You are joking Ruby!!!
How did they get endorsed :eek: ... surely these organisations cant have checked them out in person, they would never have passed them!
I saw the products the girls from my nail art class used. The labels were all printed off from a pc, there was no ingredient list, surely that in itself is breaking the law.
The girls were having trouble with the acrylic going off... it was taking ages!
The brushes in their kit were the size of paddles and not the as they had used in class.
Also, their training consisted of application of all 3 systems over two days.... on a nail trainer.
I dont know about endorsing the place, it needs closing down! :evil:

Nope i'm not joking I thought I was hearing things when a lady from the quild just said yes they are endorsed by then.
They are advertised on the giulds web site.
I explained that I wasnt happy about it but it fell on deaf ears .
I thought belonging to the Guild or Babtac was special but I was wrong .

Ruby

Ruby said:
Nope i'm not joking I thought I was hearing things when a lady from the quild just said yes they are endorsed by then.
They are advertised on the giulds web site.
I explained that I wasnt happy about it but it fell on deaf ears .
I thought belonging to the Guild or Babtac was special but I was wrong .

Ruby
:rolleyes: This whole thread has just made me sigh! There just seems no chance of properly educating the general public if the nail technicians are themselves not properly educated in the first place. Something so has to be done if any Joe bloggs company can be endorsed by the guild or Babtac. Just feel so exasperated by it all....a long uphill struggle me thinks! :(

I just had a look at the monomer for sale and it now says 'pick up only - no postage' so they must have taken note of the e-mail they were sent anyway...

the phrase 'money talks' springs to mind!!!E=suey]:rolleyes: This whole thread has just made me sigh! There just seems no chance of properly educating the general public if the nail technicians are themselves not properly educated in the first place. Something so has to be done if any Joe bloggs company can be endorsed by the guild or Babtac. Just feel so exasperated by it all....a long uphill struggle me thinks! :([/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back