Cheekiest client ever!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mau5fan

Reaction score
I had the shock of my life yesterday! A girl had booked in for a cut, color& treatment. I clearly remember discussing prices with her over the phone and letting her know how much it would be for each service. She kept mumbling something about an 'offer', but as her English wasn't very good I thought she was asking me what I was offering. Anyways, I have a promotion on my website stating 'free cut &color or cut&gloss treatment with hair extensions'. To me, it's pretty obvious that the free services are only to be had in conjunction with hair extensions, she however decided that the first part (cut&color) was free no matter what. I had already gowned her up and started to section her hair for the color when I realized she was still talking about some 'offer', so then it dawned on me she thought she'd be getting something for free! She started arguing with me about the wording on my website, giving me 'suggestions' on how to improve it so that people would understand it properly (everyone else has understood it the right way except for her haha) and then she tried the sob route ('I am a student, I am not allowed to work'), and when that failed to work she would still not giving up and actually demanded a free service! She then called her sister (for moral support) to find out how she understood the offer on the website, and surprise surprise, the sister also thought that she was entitled to a free cut, color and treatment. I was totally shocked! There are always clients trying to get something for cheaper, but I have never ever had anyone demand a free service before! In the end I had to ask her to leave. I thought I'd share this as it's practically anecdotal. Has anyone else ever experienced such rudeness?

I had the shock of my life yesterday! A girl had booked in for a cut, color& treatment. I clearly remember discussing prices with her over the phone and letting her know how much it would be for each service. She kept mumbling something about an 'offer', but as her English wasn't very good I thought she was asking me what I was offering. Anyways, I have a promotion on my website stating 'free cut &color or cut&gloss treatment with hair extensions'. To me, it's pretty obvious that the free services are only to be had in conjunction with hair extensions, she however decided that the first part (cut&color) was free no matter what. I had already gowned her up and started to section her hair for the color when I realized she was still talking about some 'offer', so then it dawned on me she thought she'd be getting something for free! She started arguing with me about the wording on my website, giving me 'suggestions' on how to improve it so that people would understand it properly (everyone else has understood it the right way except for her haha) and then she tried the sob route ('I am a student, I am not allowed to work'), and when that failed to work she would still not giving up and actually demanded a free service! She then called her sister (for moral support) to find out how she understood the offer on the website, and surprise surprise, the sister also thought that she was entitled to a free cut, color and treatment. I was totally shocked! There are always clients trying to get something for cheaper, but I have never ever had anyone demand a free service before! In the end I had to ask her to leave. I thought I'd share this as it's practically anecdotal. Has anyone else ever experienced such rudeness?

That is just totally weird.

Bless you! Asif! I'm quite shocked that someone has the balls to be a) so rude & b) be stupid enough to think you would be stupid enough!

:eek:

The cheek of it! Ha ha x x

i dont know where people get the gall to ask for free stuff...i never would x

:eek::eek::eek: I have no words.....
I would have rinsed the colour off the second she started bawling and told her to bugger off (in a polite way of course)
Why would anyone think you would just do cut and colours for free?
Bizarre!
Did she pay in the end?
xxx

people are so rude and have the cheek of the devil. i had an enquiry about a restyle { long to short } when i told her how much it would be she said if i cut lots off before you get here can i hav it cheaper. ha ha i told her if she wanted to hav it done for nothing go to a college and let someone practice.:(

:eek::eek::eek: I have no words.....
I would have rinsed the colour off the second she started bawling and told her to bugger off (in a polite way of course)
Why would anyone think you would just do cut and colours for free?
Bizarre!
Did she pay in the end?
xxx

Thank god i hadn't even started mixing the color and the peroxide yet, it would have been a waste! I'd just literally gowned her up and started preparing the first section so i could go off, mix the color and start applying straightaway, but she started talking about 'offer, offer' all the time so i realized something was totally wrong! She seriously started arguing with me!!! Unbelievable! And in the end she was still pressuring me trying to get me to cut her hair for free as if she were doing me a great favor in that she would even let me cut her hair! Never experienced anything like that ever!!!:grr:

people are so rude and have the cheek of the devil. i had an enquiry about a restyle { long to short } when i told her how much it would be she said if i cut lots off before you get here can i hav it cheaper. ha ha i told her if she wanted to hav it done for nothing go to a college and let someone practice.:(

Lol I told her that too!!!

I also had the rudest client today. The lady walks in off the streets without an appointment and asks if she could have her hair cut. I said yes sure, when would u like it done? She replies now if possible, I then said yes thats no problem. Would u like me to take your jacket for u? She hands over her jacket. I then said to her would u like to take a seat here? She then looks me up and down and says, r u professional enough to do my hair? I didnt know if I should take that as an offence or a compliment, as i look young, early 20s, i am actually 29 with 10 years experience.
Whilst i was cutting her hair she said to me, after i explained i have 10 years experience, oh this better be a professional cut otherwise i will go mad. I could not believe how rude she was.
After the hair cut she said it was really good and she was happy. She took down my name. I was fuming, next time she comes in i am going to say i am fully book! Lol
After all that, someone else walks in asks how much a haircut was, when i told her she said but i am pregnant dont i get a discount, pelease!
I had to have two fags after both of the above.

I don't even know what must go through some peoples heads when they think these things, especially the pregnant lady lol.

A few months ago I had an offer out on the blackboard, a free haircut with any colour. A young girl came in to ask about it, we were chatting for a couple of minutes when I started to get the feeling she thought the colour was free as well. I tried to politely explain that she had to pay for the colour first in order to get the free cut. She argued with me for a while saying her friend had seen the sign and told her it was all free, she ended up leaving in a huff when she finally accepted that she wasn't getting a free colour. :grr:

Gotta Love The Nutters Of The World. Is it just me ? or would you guys all feel ****IN stupid as hell to ask for anything for free.?.. let alone go into a professional place of business an demand free services.. wtf lol I mean don't get me wrong... there are def circumstances that I would preform free services .. for a family in need..or something of that nature... but to pitch a widget to get something for free.. lame mofos..

Well its really cheeky most of the people didn't know what they want and than expect some free services from salon.It will be really good to explain them in detail to avoid mess before starting to treat there hair.

Unbelievable! Some people!

People make you laugh dont they! Some people see signs like that and try it on as the wording COULD be read 2 ways. Think your best bet is to make signs as obvious as possible " FREE HAIR CUT WITH EVERY FULL PRICE COLOUR" stops people taking the p**s thinking they can get it for any less with student/oap discount or gift vouchers too :)

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Pregnant discount? Now that's new. Some people are too dumb to breathe.
This can sound a bit nasty, I don't mean it to be directed to the people rather the educational establishments, but overseas students coming here should be checked for full competence in reading and writing in English before acceptance, it would make their UNi/ college life a lot easier and stop situations like this.

I might write all my promotions in welsh next time to limit the people who can read them and make it clearer that not everything will be free or discounted xpxo

Latest posts

Back