Chemically Straightening....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freckles14

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know alot about hair :rolleyes: Sorry. I'm being a model for a girl on monday, to help her gain the rest of her qulifications. My hair is getting straighted chemically (I've always fancied this, as i have curly fizzy hair)

I don't know alot about it, as far as i know it's like perming, but the reverse..:rolleyes:. Does anyone know anymore info? How long it'll last etc..? Do i mantain it? I'll ask on monday too probs. But i'm quite excited about getting it done...so i'm interested in how it all works :green:

Plus, does anyone know any good sites to look at for hair cuts?? My hair just longer than shoulder length, and want to keep the length, but want something different.. So i need ideas.

Thank you lots in advance :hug:
xx

Hi,
My daughter has her hair straightened twice with YUKO.
It made a huge difference to her coarse, wiry hair. It lasted until she had quite a bit of regrowth (about 6 - 8 months) and then it was done again, but only on the roots.
It made her hair manageable and brushable for the first time in years :lol:

Hi there
I have used many different relaxers over the years(from dark and lovely to island beauty)ask if the relaxer she/he is using has is no lye as i tend to find that the relaxers with no lye leave your hair softer and dont dry out as much and as Angela said it does make a great difference in your hair(eps when you have coarse wiry hair)the feeling of being able to get a comb or brush through it and having it fall softly on your face is a great feeling,but you do have to touch up the regrowth.
Hope this helps a bit Kim

Hi , as long as you dont have to much colour on your hair then chemical realxing should be fine , I find Wella strate works a treat ,
or for just relaxing a bit with volume left in the hair Loreal extenso is great too :) x minky

Latest posts

Back