Chest wax Horror!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spakitten

Reaction score
Ok, so not as dramatic as the title sounds... but I need some advice!

My little brother asked me to wax his chest for the summer (he is 17). I performed the wax at home, but exactly how I do in my salon (which I always get great results). I used honey wax with strips, and baby powder...
The day after the wax, he starts to get terrible ingrowns all over his chest (some looking like small pimples with pus inside). There was also a lot of erythema, making it appear like a giant rash.
I advised him to exfoliate in the shower and apply tea tree lotion daily until it subsided, but the irritation lasted him almost two months! He was so upset he could not even wear a bathing suit all summer. (he is also a picker which didn't help the healing much).

It was his first wax and he has very fine, blonde hair and sensitive skin so I was expecting SOME ingrowns, but not to that extent! This has never happened with a client, and now Im beginning to worry 'what if it does?'

Can anyone point out my mistake? or how to avoid this from happening with a client?

A break out after the first wax oon the chest and back is quite normal. However, how could they have been ingrown hairs the next day? They were just the spots......it takes longer than 24hrs for a new hair to grow.

Picking doesn't help so if he he hadn't have done that, they may have gone sooner.

It's nothing you did so don't worry about it. xxx

Yes, the next day I beleive they were just bumps, and after time went by it grew worse and worse.

So is the problem his skin/hair type? Can these type of people be waxed at all? will it get easier if he keeps waxing?

Thanks Kim!

It will happen less and less if he gets waxed regularly, say every 4/5 weeks. If it lingered too long, he should see his doc in case it's a fungal infection. :hug:

An excellent product for ingrown hairs, is PFB Vanish. It is superb for lifting ingrown hairs. Its great to aid the relief of ingrown hairs and razer burns/bumps resulting from shaving plus all waxing, electrolysis and even laser hair removal. It would be ideal in your brothers condition. I have two ladies who have brazilian waxes and they both swear that their ingrown hair problem they have suffered with in the past has vastly improved.

I came across it purely by accident and it works wonders. Its also helps with mild acne conditions too.

Does anyone else use this?

:hug:

We had PFB available to us in school, but I don't get ingrowns so I never tried it. Some other girls mentioned that it works wonders though. It would probably be an easy retail item, I should order some for my spa :)

We had PFB available to us in school, but I don't get ingrowns so I never tried it. Some other girls mentioned that it works wonders though. It would probably be an easy retail item, I should order some for my spa :)

:green: you are right there... I seem to be able to sell the small size ones to most new clients who have waxing.... just waiting to see when they run out would they buy my larger ones :lol: :lol:

Hi

Where do u but the pfb varnish from

sounds great

Sam

Hi

Where do u but the pfb varnish from

sounds great

Sam

A lot of the big wholesalers sell them and you can get them at any beauty show. In fact Andy (Axion) told me you can pick up the trail size one's very cheaply at the beauty shows.. so worth visiting them. :)

I got mine from this link Click Here! (You can get individual bottles from here as well as the main display unit).

And there is a good information site on PFB Vanish here Click Here!

Latest posts

Back