Chevron designs with Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil lisa

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am practising the chevron and zig zag patterns with Gelish (At least trying to!) I have found the easier way seems to be cutting strips of scotch tape with pinking sheers, sticking it to the white colour and painting darker colour over the top. Trouble is whether I cure it after or not, every time I peel the tape off some of the darker colour has seeped into the white! Any advice or other tricks of the trade please?! Xx :rolleyes:

Try using the cleanser before the stripes, if you remove the tacky layer before TIO, the gel suppose to show a matte surface, so you no need to buff the gel. But you can still buff it if you're not confident with it

Do you mean use the cleanser before I peel the strips off? As I can't cleanse before applying strips as I need to put another colour over the top to do the effect? Sorry if this is confusing! Or shall I buff first coat before putting strips on? x

Do you mean use the cleanser before I peel the strips off? As I can't cleanse before applying strips as I need to put another colour over the top to do the effect? Sorry if this is confusing! Or shall I buff first coat before putting strips on? x

Use the cleanser on the white before you put the tape(no toop coat involved), placing the tape, then apply the dark colour, remove the tape before curing. You can try on a tip and you'll know what I meant. If you still confused, tomorrow I'll try it myself and I upload the pic for you. You can buff it if you want, but I used acrylic paint after I remove the tacky layer and never buff my client comes back with no peel or chip, it's optional, you can do it if you're not confident with it;)

Ok thank you for your help I will try this out :)

I'm not doing the chevron design. Lol too lazy, but also using tape I think it's the same

Apply base colour,using Gellyfit

View attachment 61812
Wipe off tacky layer and it'll become like this, you'll see it's not as glossy as the first pic anymore

View attachment 61813
Apply the tape, make sure you use a rubber pusher to push all the air bubbles out. I don't have a rubber pusher maybe I'll buy that later

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311044.209904.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311065.972152.jpg
Apply the dark colour

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311095.089449.jpg
Remove the tape before curing

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311134.704511.jpg
Use a brush with some cleanser to wipe out the gel that seep under the tape, cure it, then Top it off

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311322.953969.jpg
Now using another colour, this one is Gelish, you'll see if you remove the tacky layer before the top, the colour will also fade a little, so you can add 3 layer for Gelish.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311486.058033.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311497.717414.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311511.725643.jpg
Same procedure but I'm more happy with Gelish, maybe the shimmer shows less flaws;)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311740.194727.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397311759.902109.jpg
Apply base colour using Gellyfit. The earlier post can't show it, this is before and after cleanser

Ah wow they look great! So you use the cleanser after the base colour before applying strips and darker colour? As I thought it wouldn't stick then? Or do you dry brush the tacky layer? Sorry to keep asking questions! :D

Ah wow they look great! So you use the cleanser after the base colour before applying strips and darker colour? As I thought it wouldn't stick then? Or do you dry brush the tacky layer? Sorry to keep asking questions! :D

It's fine to remove the tacky layer on the colour, you see my last post, it's not very clear, but after the cleanser the gel is matte, so that's why it won't peel off. But you can buff it, you'll feel more comfortable about it... Lol. I never dry brush because it still sticky! And it'll stick a lot of dust.

Great, thank you :)

Latest posts

Back