Child from hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I just wondered what you would all do in this situation:

I had a mum and a gran book the mums 2 chidren age 8 and 11 in for a manicure as a treat for their birthdays.
The app was last Sat. The Gran brought the 8 year old as the other one was poorly and said she would have the other manicure so I didnt lose out on the money.....fair enough.

The child had her manicure first and was ok but very talkative (normal for an 8 year old i'd say) I asked her to sit still on the sofa to let her nails dry while I did her nans.

That lasted all of 3 seconds.
Just as I started the second mani the child started running about like something possessed climbing on my treatment couch and swinging off a privacy curtain I have next to it!
I asked her to stop but the gran didnt do anything.

She then emptied my whole shelf display and messed it all up, Broke my blinds (have managed to fix them luckily now) and pull all the labels off some of my OPI varnishes, at which point I told her she had better start sticking them back on in a very stern voice.

The nan then finally asked her to behave, which fell on deaf ears as she climbed all over the couch again with muddy shoes on.

The problem is I would refuse another app but the mum and nan have already booked in for lots more treatments as well as rebooking the child who was poorly back in, she is coming tomorrow.

If she also misbehaves how do you reccomend I word things to get her to stop?
Im also 6 months pregnant and getting a tad stressed a little more easily than usual!
HELP!

OMG #I would have flipped out that is such a blatent disregard for your home and personal property I would accept a 2 or 3 yr old acting like that but an 8 year old is not accepteble.
I would have told her look if your grandchild cant sit still please ask her to wait outside.
Obviously you may loose her as client but lees then you loose on cleaning your couch and repair all the damage.

I like this!!

I knew a salon in London which had a sign that said, DOGS ARE WELCOME, CHILDREN ARE NOT!!

lol, i like that!!
I agree with everyone on here, just say to the parents tha it is a place of business, you have different types of chemicals that are not suitable for children and could they please keep their children under control, you shouldn't have to put up with this sort of behavour at anytime, especially not in your condition, i hope it all goes well for you on their next app. :hug: Jo.xx

Hi Guys
just wanted to say thanks for all your advice.
Just thought id let you know how it went!

Well the 11 year old was soooooo different, very well behaved and she even brought her Nintendo DS to keep herself amused while her mum had her nails done!
The mum apologised for the 8 year olds behaviour as soon as she sat down and explained that her child can be a little over inquisitive at times, so i think my sternish voice must have worked and the nan obviously told the mum!

The nan came back today and seemed fine so I think all will be ok.
Just hoping they dont try and book the 8 yr old in again anytime soon!

Thanks again for all your words of wisdom and ideas for signs....one will definately be going up very soon!x

wow, thats horrible that people cant control thier kids and think thats ok! This is yur salong and you take pride in the looks and your investments and for this child to come and do as she pleases and not have nothing said to her is not acceptable. I would nicely pull the mother aside and have a word with her and just explain that the last time she was there a few things were broken and needed cleaned and ask if maybe she could keep a better eye on her and keep her by her side. After that if she does it again I would just explain to her that you can not have children inthe salon because you cannot keep replacing and cleaning up after her.
Wow, good luck! I would have llost my ind if i were u!

Latest posts

Back