Children in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god as if you'd leave your baby in a car seat unattended?! Someone could grab them.
Grr most kids just sit there on an iPad quietly but the ones that run riot are just allowed to.

Dear clients,
We are happy for you to bring your children with you to your appointment but due to insurance purposes no children can be left unattended at anytime.
Please ensure if you are bringing children with you that you are happy for them to accompany you in the treatment room.
Thank you.

You're amazing. Thank you x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460321171.021674.jpg

Here's mine I plonked right on the reception desk for everyone to see as they walk in x

As you take a client through you say "oh sorry, the children can't stay here unattended" then see how much they enjoy their facial or Brazilian with kids there. They will never bring them again.

A simple sign saying
"For insurance purposes, children cannot be left unattended" is enough.
If you have regulars who book for a Brazilian then bring 3 children with them, you can call them and say "just to let you know, for insurance purposes, we now have a policy that children can't be left unattended". They then have the option to change or cancel their booking. You can even hint that something happened.

I was waxing a clients lip and she left her baby in a car seat and her toddler on their own in my reception. I had the door open and was the only therapist in. I heard a noise and looked out. The toddler was skidding the car seat all over my brand new floor. I just ran out and said "OI THAT'S ENOUGH. You have to sit here quietly" which the terrified child did. She's not been back. Shame :D

On a Tuesday I'm on my own in the salon and tell clients that they can bring babies in if they want to. I'm a breastfeeding counsellor as well so sit doing a pedi advising on their latch lol. As the child gets older, the parent realises that the salon is no place for a child. I make it clear ;)

Vic x

A breastfeeding counsellor!! How fab. I absolutely love and adore breastfeeding. I'm obsessed with it. I fed my daughter until she was 2. She's so intelligent. [emoji175]

I think your are all angels!
I've never had kids, I don't understand kids and they fill me with dread. If there is a child running riot in a salon..it stresses me out ( as a paying customer!) and I don't go back.

I think your are all angels!
I've never had kids, I don't understand kids and they fill me with dread. If there is a child running riot in a salon..it stresses me out ( as a paying customer!) and I don't go back.

They're cute when they're just born and placed in your arms.. That rare 10 minutes of pure love and bliss.. After that it goes downhill [emoji12] I do love my kids really- esp when they're asleep

So I can't do the whole unattended thing as I have one room.

So parent would comment they aren't unattended even though they aren't watching them.

So, how's this for a FB post?

'Please be aware, when bringing children into the salon, that this is a working environment.

Colouring and games are supplied for your children to keep them occupied while waiting.

There are several chemicals and sharp blades that can hurt small children.

Furniture is just that, and not a climbing frame.

I am more than happy to have children join you in yours, or another child's appointment, however, if they can't sit nicely, please bring another adult to watch them.'

I think that's great. Nobody could take offence at that x

So I can't do the whole unattended thing as I have one room.

So parent would comment they aren't unattended even though they aren't watching them.

So, how's this for a FB post?

'Please be aware, when bringing children into the salon, that this is a working environment.

Colouring and games are supplied for your children to keep them occupied while waiting.

There are several chemicals and sharp blades that can hurt small children.

Furniture is just that, and not a climbing frame.

I am more than happy to have children join you in yours, or another child's appointment, however, if they can't sit nicely, please bring another adult to watch them.'
You are good even providing colouring books!! I make them bring their own. I'm happy for well behaved children to come in, but even the good ones have bad days. Its the noise I can't bear!!

Latest posts

Back