Children in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Rant: i hate it when people bring children.into the salon for lengthy amounts of time... naughty child alert grrrrr. Sorry rant ha

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing worse when the salons packed and you've got kids running about and the parents just sit there having me time grinds my gears

Don't even get me started 😂. I feel your pain!

There was one today riding round the salon on a cutting stool crashing into everything. In the end i just jumped up and said "right! Switch chairs with me!" Leave the kids at home puurrrleasse!

You're a saint for letting it get that far, I wouldn't have even let them get on the cutting stoll I remember once when I was in the salon the owner had the apprentice playing and colouring in with a group of children to keep them occupied lol

You're a saint for letting it get that far, I wouldn't have even let them get on the cutting stoll I remember once when I was in the salon the owner had the apprentice playing and colouring in with a group of children to keep them occupied lol

Thats another thing that irritates me.... the owners/staff expecting me to occupy and babysit them... no chance. I dislike children im afraid

Thats another thing that irritates me.... the owners/staff expecting me to occupy and babysit them... no chance. I dislike children im afraid

Exactly were hairdressers not childminders haha x

The Hair salon I has recently introduced a no under 12 policy due to parents coming in and letting their kids run riot. They used a change in insurance companies as an excuse. I think it is great. I used to avoid getting my hair done on Saturdays or the School holidays due to kids running around and screaming.

Ugh hate children in salons...... Come to think of it I think I just hate children
I had a girl in last week with her friends young child she was just having an eyebrow shape & tint, on the same day i had my brothers Christmas present delivered to work as no one was at my home address, I put it at the back of the room out of the way...... But no, child had it out and was stomping all over it the girl didn't even say sorry or tell the child off, what ever happened to the day when a good smack across the bottom was acceptable.

Pet hate!! I have a mum bring her three kids in for haircuts while one is having hers done she sits at dressout beside and yhe othet two play hairdresser theyre lifting brushes and all sorts!!

To top it all off her kids dont even sit so i had to have a junior physically hold their head still even then it was a struggle!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yack...
One of the girls i work with bought grapes into work for lunch, a child started eating them... the mother said "ooo you're so greedy" :/ :/ and thats it!!!

Another time someones child broke a pair of brand new thinning scissors (approx £300) by knocking them onto the floor... parents response. "Im ever so sorry"... sorry doesnt buy a new pair of scissors!

Sounds like a huge headache for you 😕
I'm a mother but I don't like other children, it all just gets complicated when they act up.
We had a child in the salon I worked at one day who was running riot. I Was trimming the mums hair n little miss took something out of the bin n ate it! Her mum leapt up screaming and I slashed my hand on my scissors as a result! It's so flaming dangerous for child and staff. I don't know what the little'un ate, if anything, but we had foil in there that was covered in hair colour. Doesn't bare thinking about. I think littles should be "banned" from salons, unless they are having their own hair done and there is a good 1-1 child to adult ratio and I don't mean staff! Might be impossible but why bring the kids if you are having treatments/hair services? Nightmare!

It's back to the old question of whose to blame & who is responsible!? I have 2 children & they are more often than not read the riot act by myself whenever we go anywhere of "good manners, best behaviour blah blah blah!" (& they are good girls) there is no way I would put up with behaviour that is unacceptable in a working environment from my children (as a paying client) or other children (as a therapist) responsibility lies with the parent to take the matter in hand!! Whatever happened to children just sitting quietly whilst their parents had something done rather than the constant complaints of "being bored" & needing constant entertainment!!? My kids get "the look" if they even dare think about playing up!! Parents need to get a grip!!

Wow, how are they ever expected to learn about social settings if they're not allowed into them?

I've been a single mum who's needed my hair coloured and if my son had to come with me, so be it! He's well behaved for my appointments and his own, no wonder some kids aren't if it's like the forbidden fruit, course they're gonna play up!!

I now work from home and welcome children to come with their parents, I'm not sure why everyone else is bombarded with disasters as I've not had any in 4 years... good job some of us are accepting of kids or there'd be some not-so-yummy-mummies walking around :D

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow, how are they ever expected to learn about social settings if they're not allowed into them?

I've been a single mum who's needed my hair coloured and if my son had to come with me, so be it! He's well behaved for my appointments and his own, no wonder some kids aren't if it's like the forbidden fruit, course they're gonna play up!!

I now work from home and welcome children to come with their parents, I'm not sure why everyone else is bombarded with disasters as I've not had any in 4 years... good job some of us are accepting of kids or there'd be some not-so-yummy-mummies walking around :D

... a salon is not a safe place for a child. If they are well behaved then fine go ahead. But i should not have to be keeping an eye on them (because lets face it the parents dont when having a treatment) whilst trying to do my job. Hot irons lying around and scissors which ive seen many children make a grab for.... people can defend it as much as they like. Its not a place for a child

So how should they get their hair cut?

Getting their hair etc cut is fine. I just dont agree with them running round the salon unsupervised

Getting their hair etc cut is fine. I just dont agree with them running round the salon unsupervised

I completely agree that they shouldn't be running around unsupervised but to say insurance doesn't cover children in a salon is baffling.. children need their hair cuts as much as we do and unless allowed in the salon, they'll never learn how to behave appropriately!

My son has always come with me, either armed with toys/colouring book or in more recent times a tablet/ my phone to play games on.

I completely agree that they shouldn't be running around unsupervised but to say insurance doesn't cover children in a salon is baffling.. children need their hair cuts as much as we do and unless allowed in the salon, they'll never learn how to behave appropriately!

My son has always come with me, either armed with toys/colouring book or in more recent times a tablet/ my phone to play games on.

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile
Yeah course they do... like i say i dont mind if they're good. Just when they demolish the salon lol

I just didn't appreciate bleeding out onto the floor while a rogue toddler rummaged in the bin. This child had nothing to occupy her and she could have got really sick we don't know what she ingested. Frightened us all. My kids are pretty good at not touching things, mind you the older two are Tweens so spend more time staring at their phones or reading books (my eldest loves reading) to notice their surroundings lol. I just worry about the safety of an unsupervised child in a salon environment.

Latest posts

Back