Childrens Parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paperclip

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just started to offer little princess parties, doing nails and make up. Does any one offer a party bag as extra? I was thinking about giving a file and a small polish in a party bag. Would like to know what packages everyone else offers. I have my first party booked in a week on Saturday. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank x

Hi, I do Mini Diva nail parties, I supply pink gift bags at the parties and I put a nail polish, a pack of nail stickers, love heart sweets (cause they are girly) and my advertising for the mums, they just need to add a slice of cake and job done, my mums like it as they don't have to worry about it, I include it in the price of the party but obviously I have factored it into the prices I charge, that we we all win, hth. claire x

When i did one for my stepdaughter and her friends i bought a bulk of little pink and black gift bags of ebay and put loveheart sweets and nail stickers in their bags ,things that are girly even bling bling mobile phone stickers.

They sound like great ideas. I didnt want to spend too much money, obviously, but it's just a little something extra for them. I work on my own and there will be 6 seven year olds. How do you keep the others occupied? Never had anything like that when I was little.

I print of some pics of hands/nails and get them to design some nail art, also some like to watch what you are up to. then after they have had their food I get out the nail tips (cheap ones) and some paint and let them paint their own nails and have a go at nailart. I always tell the mums to have a game or two ready as if there are not that many children it doesn't take long to do, I sometimes take my friend with me who is a hairdresser and she does their hair in french plaits they love all that kind of thing, I would do it myself but I am hopeless with hair. obviously she charges her own thing for that but it works well. hth. claire x

i'm really considering offering this as a package but there was a post about needing a crb check to work with kids on the biz forum ,however there was no conrete answer about whether one was needed.( not that i would have any problems getting cleared but i believe you have to join an agency as you cant request one to be done on yourself)

Have either of you been through a crb check or do you just ensure an adult is present at all times?

also with regards to adding the hairdressing into it if you were to do this yourself do you have this covered on your insurance for example if i was to use curling tongs etc? or would it be ok to plait or bunch their hair without any electricals and not need insurance??

I will insist on an adult to be there. I dont like the idea of looking after 6 children and trying to keep them entertained aswell. They can bring a game with them to keep them occupied. They are clients at the end of the day, coming into your salon. But I would insist that the adult stays, then your back is covered. It s daft in this day and age that we have to think like that. We are professional and offer a professional service, its sooooo political.
I dont do any hair but if you did I would only do hair ups or plait the hair.otherwise you may not be covered by your insurance. you would have to check on that. Hth

We have one floor of our salon dedictaed to childrens pampering, its all pink,girlie & fab!Once one child in the school has a party with us they all come in..its really taken off. In the package 2therapists do nail art, make-up, body art, curl hair with tongs & spray with glitter, we dont allow food (thy usually go for a meal afterwards lookin glam) & the birthday girl has a fab little giftbag from us, we used to go out to venues/homes & have cut out paper hands (easy for you to do) for kids to design nails on the top of them, they loved it...We usually do them in alpha order too coz you always get the shy kid going last & the pushy ones first (ugh) so alpha order is good, have their names down & tick off as you go....Goodluck Paperclip & let us know how u get on x

Latest posts

Back