Childrens' wobbly teeth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know theres a lot of mammas on this site & guess some of you would have come across wobbly teeth by now :D

My 6 year old has 2 VERY wobbly teeth at the bottom front & Im so excited haha!! Its the first 2 shes going to loose & there are 2 new teeth coming up from behind (which im assuming is whats pushing the bubba teeth out)

Do you just let them come out naturally?? Obviously Im not talking about yanking them out but Im getting a bit paranoid that shes either going to swallow them or not realise ones come out & loose it :( i was a nightmare as a kid & would yank them this way & that to help them along but shes not fussed at all! Ive been giving them a bit of a poke but they are still hanging on haha!

Shes got a dentist app booked for next week but im working so dads taking her.

I cant wait to do the whole tooth fairy thing! Am i abnormal or was anyone else the same? :)

Xx

The whole wobbly teeth thing sets me on edge.

Can't deal with anything wobbly, cut or bleeding. Turns my legs to jelly lol. When I was little I used to twist my teeth etc to make them come out when they were wobbly. Having children has turned me into a wimp.

I just let my two children's fall out naturally. I'm sure they helped them out. Most of their teeth have fallen out and grown back now.

I'm really sad and kept their teeth hidden away but I'm one of those parents that keep everything. The OH hates it!

My two just had £1 per tooth and they were happy with that. I miss the younger days so make the most of the tooth fairy :)

The whole wobbly teeth thing sets me on edge.

Can't deal with anything wobbly, cut or bleeding. Turns my legs to jelly lol. When I was little I used to twist my teeth etc to make them come out when they were wobbly. Having children has turned me into a wimp.

I just let my two children's fall out naturally. I'm sure they helped them out. Most of their teeth have fallen out and grown back now.

I'm really sad and kept their teeth hidden away but I'm one of those parents that keep everything. The OH hates it!

My two just had £1 per tooth and they were happy with that. I miss the younger days so make the most of the tooth fairy :)
Flipping hell! £1 a tooth?!

I got 20p. And IF it was a REALLY good tooth I got 50p!

Having spoken to my clients, make sure you keep plenty of change lying around. One of my clients had to leave a fiver under her kids pillows.

My mum was an amazing tooth fairy. 'Christina' would visit me even if I hadn't lost a tooth. And leave me letters telling me what that tooth would be used for. Pretty sure one of mine was used in the Royal throne, which had carvings of animals on!

And my mum always reminded me how small fairies were and how they couldn't lift a pillow to get my tooth, especially if my heavy head was on it!!

I left my lolly pocket out for Christina once. And it had a swing. In the letter she apologised for it being creaky and hoped it hadn't disturbed me. I spent AGES moving the swing to hear it creak.

I was more devastated to find out about Christina than I was Santa

My son has lost his two front teeth and they were wobbly for ages before they came out naturally.
The replacement tooth on the left has almost fully grown down but the other one isn't to be seen yet.

You just need a bit of patience. :)

Oh, and it's €2 a tooth here.

Flipping hell! £1 a tooth?!

I got 20p. And IF it was a REALLY good tooth I got 50p!

Yeah £1 a tooth.. Inflation! :) I thought that was quite cheap.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459966353.531519.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459966365.462957.jpg

I usually give my little one a helping hand with her teeth as she gets so paranoid about it she stops eating in fear she'll eat it! I brought her a fairy door and pop her tooth in a box next to the door so no fumbling underneath pillows X

Aww Im loving the tooth fairy stories!

You had such a creative mum! Id love to be like that but unfortunately I ended up sending back our 'Elf on the shelf' after 4 days cos I got fed up with it he had to go back to help Santa.....

I was always poking & prodding my loose teeth but my daughter just isnt fussed at all so I think Im in for a looong wait :( i really want to keep them (I horde everything too!) thats why Im so worried shes going to loose it out somewhere.

I was thinking £1 a tooth, think I got about 50p but you could get so much more for 50p back then! a blooming magazine now days is nearly 3 quid Xx

Ooh I love the lil fairy door!

When I was little my tooth fairy (AKA mum) used to write me tiny, tiny little letters alongside leaving me a coin for my tooth! So I've carried that tradition on for my girls...... My eldest' daughters tooth fairy is called "tiny sparkle" & always looks forward to a little note each time she loses a tooth! My youngest who is 6 has yet to lose a tooth & is very excited about who maybe assigned to her to collect her teeth!! I love it, it's so magical for them! X

Sometimes the tooth fairy forgets to come in our house... 3 kids over the age of 10 has been a lot of teeth! Apparently im not going to mummy hell tho as lots of other mummies forget their tooth fairy duties sometimes too :) phew...

Last night my daughter burst out laughing then screamed! her loose tooth did a 360 in her mouth but was still attached! :confused::eek: I had to re twist it back in to position.... I'm far to squeamish for that stuff but like a pro I did it, made me feel sick tho lol, kids eh! ;)

I must have mug written on my forehead. I've been on £2.50 a tooth for years
My daughter hasn't lost any yet so it will be a nice fresh start with her. And it's going to be 50p.

I must have mug written on my forehead. I've been on £2.50 a tooth for years
My daughter hasn't lost any yet so it will be a nice fresh start with her. And it's going to be 50p.
Don't feel too bad, it's £5 per tooth in my house lol. The tooth fairy comes and leaves a trail of glitter (not Lecenté or Magpie obviously!)

Don't feel too bad, it's £5 per tooth in my house lol. The tooth fairy comes and leaves a trail of glitter (not Lecenté or Magpie obviously!)

Ooooh lovely I can see myself doing stuff like this for my daughter. At the moment she's just walked in my room telling me she has a baby in her tummy and her legs are sticking out. She's 5.
I left my son a letter once from the tooth fairy when he questioned it being me and he fell for it lol.

All these stories are making me think lol! I was planning on 50p under the pillow & job done but i think I need to up my game

Some of you are so creative & thoughtful its lovely!!

Still no sign of movement here so i guess I have time to hit up Pintrest & Etsy ;) xx

Aww Im loving the tooth fairy stories!

You had such a creative mum! Id love to be like that but unfortunately I ended up sending back our 'Elf on the shelf' after 4 days cos I got fed up with it he had to go back to help Santa.....

I was always poking & prodding my loose teeth but my daughter just isnt fussed at all so I think Im in for a looong wait :( i really want to keep them (I horde everything too!) thats why Im so worried shes going to loose it out somewhere.

I was thinking £1 a tooth, think I got about 50p but you could get so much more for 50p back then! a blooming magazine now days is nearly 3 quid Xx

I hate magazines with a passion. Omg £3 who sets these prices. Need sacking!! I have brought magazines to keep her silent on a food shop and I've tried to put it back by the time were at the till but no. She's holding that magazine. And then once home after a day or two it's ripped into pieces and everywhere. just doesn't make sense lol

When I was little I got a £1 a tooth I don't know who made it but I had a small round pillow thing covered in cream silk pillow case style and had a pocket for my tooth to go in with my name on and had stitching of a fairy too! I don't think I ever got more than £1 unless it was my last tooth and that might of been more!

I remember eating a chocolate Claire walking down the stairs at primary school and it was that sticky and hard it pulled one of them out! My auntie used to be a dentist too and I had one tooth that would not come out for love nor money was hanging on by one thread and she said oh it won't hurt be out in a second and yanked and yanked and yanked! Christmas dinner was fun that year cos I wouldn't talk to her for agessssss!

@Grace_Hair christina sounds amazing!

I hate magazines with a passion. Omg £3 who sets these prices. Need sacking!! I have brought magazines to keep her silent on a food shop and I've tried to put it back by the time were at the till but no. She's holding that magazine. And then once home after a day or two it's ripped into pieces and everywhere. just doesn't make sense lol
My daughter hoards magazines! I have to sneakily throw them away!

So... the 360 tooth came out today!

Guess what... I have no dam change in my whole house & the fairy isnt leaving a tenner! I might go knock next door now before they go to bed and ask to lend a pound :rolleyes:

I got £1 as a kid. I think my last one I got a £2 coin (they'd only just come out back then [emoji85]) haha

One of my clients gave her daughter a little fairy keyring for her first tooth!

I'm loving the letter idea though. I can't wait to be a mummy and do this hehe x

My eldest kept all her teeth in a little lidded pot (she used to write a note and ask the tooth fairy to leave the money AND the tooth lol)

One day when she'd lost most of them and the pot was nearly full it accidentally got knocked off the window sill where it lived and out her window, scattering all the carefully preserved teeth unceremoniously around the garden and probably trapping a few in the conservatory gutter below her room

Not really relevant, I just thought I'd share for the lols [emoji2][emoji2]

And they're out girls!! They are out!

Hubs took her to the dentist who confirmed they need to come out, but as it was her first trip to the dentist she didnt want to scare her for life lol!

Daddy couldnt do it so I left work early & popped them both out within seconds of getting through the door!

I do feel under pressure now though- 2 hours till bedtime & I need to pull out some magic hahaha! Xx

Latest posts

Back