Choosing a gel nail brand, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat_B

Reaction score
Hi All

Am looking for feedback on the gel polish brands that people use, there are so many to choose from!

Previously I used Shellac and Gelish, and have had a pedicure with OPI. At hte pro beauty show this weekend, I saw The Manicure Company, but also there is Gel II, Enity, Biosculpture, the Gel Bottle..... How on earth do you choose!!

Your feedback on which brand you use is much appreciated, as I am at the stage of rebuilding my salon after devastating fire and need to get a full kit replacement

Many thanks

Kat x

I am just getting started and so far I have settled for two brands which are the Gel Bottle and Light Elegance. I went with what I liked working with plus I like the presentation. I also found them to be highly pigmented. If you can get a bottle or two from different companies just to try them out and see then I would say that's your best bet. I am new however so others might have better ideas.

Am wondering if anyone uses Gelease, from salon serve, as they have an offer on at the moment. Not heard of Light Elegance, thank you for the reply x

I've been testing out Light Elegance P+ soak off polish. For me, I loved their fun colors and amazing glitters. My natural nails have responded very well to it, even the nails that flex and bend a lot. The products are very low odor and smell like a typical gel, to me. Not much in the way of a solvent type smell.

My problem so far has been removal. Their instructions simply say wrap with acetone for 10-15 minutes. I discovered you need to file the top coat off. I've tried wrapping for over 20 minutes and have serious problems with it coming off. I've tried sticking my hands in heating mitts and it doesn't matter. Some comes off the nail, but most hangs on for dear life. I've experimented with using the Gelish Foundation base (old formula) with P+ color and P+ top, and removal was typical for gel polish removal. So I don't know if I got a wonky base (others hands said there's soaks right off). But the colors/glitter are awesome.

About to register on Light Elegance, so you have a referral code, not sure if it means you would get something x

I'm not sure, I don't see a referral code in my account when I looked online.

There's a lot of good brands I don't think there is 'a best' one. I've tried quite a few and they've all and things i like about them and some things I haven't.
I've tried gellux, gelish, the gel bottle and Jessica quite a lot. They wear up to 3 weeks on most clients but I did find removal to be a pain. And the gel bottle was quite thick to apply though their glitters were lovely. These are all pure gel.

Then I tried shellac in a salon. Wasn't keen on it, bottles went gloopy very quickly but removal was a dream. Wear was 2-3wks. Advantage of using shellac is everyone knows the brand so you can advertise it as shellac. But wasn't for me. Its a hybrid gel not pure gel.

Then I tried INK London and totally converted over to them last year. They are a hybrid gel so their removal is much easier than pure gel. Most of my clients get up to 3 wks wear and their prices are very reasonable. Worth a look :) xx

Hope that helps xx

I'm an INK convert too! Haven't found any negatives so far :)

I like gellyfit it has great formula and the bottle are super cute. I also just try out light elegance last week and so far am starting to like this brand too. Another gel brand I like is calgel it is one of the best gel I have use so far but the downfall to it is that it super expensive.

Last edited:
I am newly qualified in manicure and pedicure but I've just discovered a brand called candy coat and their polishes are really good even the palest pinks require only 2 coats, some brands I've used require 3 or 4! Also their selection of colours is amazing too and they are offering a salon/pro gel subscription box from this month too (I don't work for them haha wish I did tho!) check them out

I have used may brands over the past few years but recently discovered Saint Nails Gel Polish and the results are fantastic. So easy to apply, beautiful consistency, hard wearing and the colours are stunning. Great price too. They do samples so you can try them out. This is a link to the samples page - http://bit.ly/2F61hyY

Latest posts

Back