Choosing a hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiBP

Reaction score
Hi there

I fancy a change in style and colour but have yet to find the elusive wonderful hairdresser. I have never come out of a salon looking better than I went in, ever! The cut is either too short, or the colour totally wrong and the styling more to what is the stylists choice, rather than what suits my face. I have tried a variety of salons and mobile stylists all in differing price brackets. I hate to cause a fuss and have just paid up, tipped and not gone back. I love having my hair 'played' with but have little confidence in the professionals.... is it just me?
PS I'm in South Yorks

you need to have a clear idea of what you like and dislike and explain this clearly to the hairdresser , also , try to remember previous haircuts and colours to explain what worked and what didnt . It could be that maybe you want a big change with little upkeep which dont always go together, or that youd like red but swim everyday , some things dont always work and the hairdressers may have been trying to comprimise without explaining why they would do things a certain way .
It may help to cut out pictures and make collages of things you like , then it is easier to see a common theme . Good luck!

hi vikki
start with a 5* good salon guide award salon and go in for a consultation only. start to build a relationship with the stylist before you let them touch your hair. if you can find a salon that also belongs to 'joy' (see joy4you.com) then you are going into a salon that will hopefully listen, advise and carry out a hair plan that you both understand and agree on, great hairdressers are out there but sadly in a minority - good luck

I've bee looking for the very same thing.... I found a fantastic hairdresser in a town centre salon and she did my hair woweee..... then let me down, big time. Gutted. Im now back to square one. I'm also looking for somewhere to have perfect hair extensions for my birthday in the summer. I'll let you know how I get on! x x

Hey

I live in Doncaster and have found the same problems, there is one salon I do no where she always cuts it good, they have good customer service and are pretty cheap, its is Rossington. I can give you the details if your interested?

I am actually thinking about doing my nvq level 2 in hairdressing :), just need the money lol

I sent Jessica who is 12 to the new hairdresser last week first, to get a feel of the place (naughty I know lol) The girl who cut her hair was lovely, really nice, chatty, and cut it lovely. I then went the other day for my appt with Thomas. Wow, he was ace. Really good guy. Really chatty, friendly.... and 100% knew his stuff, and I don't say that lightly. Cut my hair beautifully, and has given me some great ideas for my hair in the future. Very knowledgable, and obviously skilled. I was really happy with it. How you got on chuck, have you gone for the one in Rossington? x x

Latest posts

Back