Christmas bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momobile hair

Reaction score
I have people booking in now for christmas! Exciting!! How long do you guys take off over christmas and new years? The week before christmas I dread with how busy it can be but the general christmas buzz I love. Do you do many days between new years and christmas? And whats the latest you have opened coming up to christmas? I am too excited lol

I'm mobile and last year in December I was starting at 9am in the morning and getting in 11-12 at night!! Loved it tho! I took between Xmas and new year off tho coz think I deserved a break lol!
This year tho I'm only going to work 2-3 nights a week and take between Xmas and new year off more for the fact il be 6 months pregnant so getting in at 12 every night not to good for me!! Saying that tho some nights I've crossed off I've ended up booking clients in coz I'm so busy already but their only for my regulars and they can come to me so can put my feet up in between lol! I love it tho!! Mad rush but good atmosphere 😃

It can ruin Christmas doing extremely long hours though :/ then boom it's over in a flash !!!

It can ruin Christmas doing extremely long hours though :/ then boom it's over in a flash !!!

I know! That's why I take 2 weeks off from the 23rd till jan. I'd rather work some longer hours 1st 3 weeks of Xmas and enjoy a nice 2 weeks off at Xmas and enjoy it with the family 😊

Well deserved working crazy hours. I deleted my Facebook one year Christmas Eve. The next person to send me a '???? ' was getting punched . Hi I no it's Christmas Day but one of my extensions came out. Jeezzzzz

Well deserved working crazy hours. I deleted my Facebook one year Christmas Eve. The next person to send me a '???? ' was getting punched . Hi I no it's Christmas Day but one of my extensions came out. Jeezzzzz

Omg!! Yes I would of wanted to tell them where to go too!!! It's bad enough on a Friday night or a Sunday morning when you want to switch off and get texts like ???? But Christmas Eve!! Sometimes I think some people don't realize you have a life aswell lol!! X

We'll be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day & the day after. Then back in on Saturday off on Sunday back in Monday Tuesday again :) I'm thinking of taking a week off in January myself aswell as I used to always plan it but I seems clients are getting their hair done when they need it done as opposed to want it done so found January busier over the last couple of years but I'm definitely taking a week off this year x

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

My last working day is the 23rd then I'm back on the 2nd january. Iv always had to work Christmas Eve and then in between Xmas and New Year's Eve in salons so now I'm mobile I'm having it all off so I can really enjoy christmas! X

im in a new area .... when would u recommend getting my offers out there for christmas bookings ..

im in a new area .... when would u recommend getting my offers out there for christmas bookings ..

I wouldn't do any offers over Christmas... It's such a busy time you'd be silly to discount treatments! I would however start promoting now, and maybe do a little offer for the first two weeks of November to get clients in and hope the re-book for Christmas x

Lol I'm doing 9 till 9 Xmas eve and the same the day before I got told I was doing it

Two of us are already full from the 6th December till after Christmas but I have told all my regulars since start of Oct to get their bookings in or risk not getting a space, we are closed 25th,26th,27th then back 28th,29th,30th,31st, then just one day off x

I'm mobile working 3 days a week, I'm full the 2 weeks before Christmas. I'm off from 22nd then back in on 27th the off again for 5 days. I've also got clients booked in on my days off too, but not all day just a few hours. I love working Christmas, but it will be nice to be off Christmas eve for a change!

Hi all. I usually take the week off between Christmas and new year as we all know how crazy it can be.
This year I am only having Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. I'm taking a week off from 30th dec. I have found that new year is nowhere near as busy as it once was.... People tend to go to more casual parties and don't need my services.
I'll be spending that week in the sun! :) x

I close at 12 on Christmas Eve, going skiing on Boxing Day and home on New Years Day :0))
The last couple of years this has worked well for me and Jan, Feb & March are really busy months for me so a bit of me time beforehand will be lovely
H xxx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Christmas Eve was always crazy and hectic in the salon I worked in for ten years.. Since becoming mobile two years ago I decided against working Christmas Eve. That's my time to get the house lovely clean and tidy, plus running last minute errands.
Ill work every hour I can manage in dec, because I know that jan is usually a bit quieter.
I book off 24-31 although I will book in any regulars if they need hair or nails doing x

Latest posts

Back