Chrome nails testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoxyK111

Reaction score
I had a play last night with 3 different chrome, 5 top coats and finally worked out what worked best out of all. Posting as I know some are still struggling with it.

None of the wipe off top coatsworked very well, even with the Gellux chrome set that is supposed to work with normal gel top coats, it just gives patchy coverage. The only top coat that worked properly was Sinful No Wipe Top Coat. The only other non wipe I have is IBD Intense Seal which it didn't work with either.

Lots of tutorials say rub quite hard, I did that and the effect was just dull chrome. Sweeping lightly over the nail gives best result. You'll know if you overwork it as it won't look great.

Here's a pic with left hand side gently swiped and right hand rubbed.....

I bought the Born Pretty chrome as had heard good reports but TBH Gellux and my others work better.

HTH and if chrome is too much aggro get a decent holo pigment (tried cheap EBay ones they didn't work) or Ultra Chamelon Chrome as they're not as fussy lol.

IMG_0639.JPG

Latest posts

Back