Cities/countries with the best opportunities for hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
Where?

I'm in Liverpool and don't feel like you can go particularly far in this industry, but then somewhere like London is too expensive.

I'm finding it hard at the moment to decide on where I want to go with my trade.

Hair industry is really big in Scotland!

What do you mean by can't go far? What would your ideal place in the industry be? (I don't mean location)

I want my own salon or chain of salons, I want my own hair product line, I want to enter and win competitions, I want to travel.

I suppose most of us all want this.

I don't feel like Liverpool is the place to be if you want to go places with Hairdressing.
I might be wrong.

P.s I'm a massive dreamer and probably not being realistic. But it's good to have big goals.

I want I want ... All right all right calm down :rolleyes: ;)

I think you could definatley do it from right where you are :) you need a plan that's all :)

You can enter and win competitions from where you are as most of the big ones have regional and national heats - look on the NHF website, their finals are always held in Brighton winter gardens around March time and they have competitions there that you can just turn up and do a direct entry on the day. That could be a good start, even if you just go this year to watch, it's a brilliant atmosphere, loads of hair and beauty competitions all happening under one roof at the same time! That would also incorporate your 'travel' dream. I think wella do a scheme each year where you can apply and work abroad for a month or so, I think it's a charity thing and they advertise on social media for new recruits. Remember reading about it last year but forgotten most of it, it sounded like a great opportunity though and for a good cause.
I don't see why you can't start off a salon in Liverpool and then as you grow over time open up other branches in towns nearby. There are lots of local salons near me that have done this, I don't know if you have heard of RAW salons or Graham Webb to name a few but they all started as one salon and grew over the years.

You could also consider a franchise, lots of big names like essensuals ( a tony and Guy brand), headmasters, super cuts, Rush, Adee phelan, all have franchises which might be a good start for you if you wanted the backing of a big brand behind you.

Everything you want is achievable but obviously it will all take time. If you can't dream it, you can't live it! [emoji3]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Kahuna - I do get a tad carried away don't I? I have a love/hate relationship with Liverpool.

DayDreams01 - thank you for all that brilliant advice. I'm in that Blackpool winter gardens comp on the 14th of March. Hair and beauty North West.
I just think some cities/countries offer more opportunity to step up the ladder than others.

I think i'm just looking for an excuse to relocate.

The weather in Wales is fabulous :) really tho you can create a brand to make a chain, it would be hella hard work mind but it can definatley be done! When you look deeper there are huge name stylists in every part of the country, look at Ken picton in Cardiff, kahuna hair in Blackwood ;) all the best ones come from random places, a perfect example of someone using social media to get their name out there is our very own Jaymz, he's becoming a very well known character now, i think Michael I think it's mullhern is also going large branding wise, only a few months ago he was brushing up his skills, with clever branding his presence looks very good, I could name loads of people who have played social media well and have good branding, it's all out there for your taking :) as I said before you just need a plan :)

You're completely right, I respect your opinion/advice because I know you've created a business and brand for yourself.
I'm so nosey and googled your business name a few months ago (i'm not a stalker, im just very curious) and seen you won that award for The Princes Trust, which is amazing. So a belated Congratulations to you [emoji8]

You're completely right, I respect your opinion/advice because I know you've created a business and brand for yourself.
I'm so nosey and googled your business name a few months ago (i'm not a stalker, im just very curious) and seen you won that award for The Princes Trust, which is amazing. So a belated Congratulations to you [emoji8]
Ah thanks dude :D excuse my big cheesy grin when I was holding my award lmao :rolleyes: branding was my main goal before I opened, my dream was to have a themed shop which could go on as a chain, shop number 1 is open and running smoothly but a number 2 would take a load of work and I'm not up for it yet, however good planning in the first place laid the foundations for the future so plan plan plan! Have a dream & set goals of how your going to get there :) if you believe in yourself you will do it!

I love the positivity. Keep up the great work, it's clearly working.

Good luck with your potential 2nd salon. Save a chair for me! [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Everyone had to start somewhere. Why not Liverpool... Or little ol' Devon

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Kahuna - I do get a tad carried away don't I? I have a love/hate relationship with Liverpool.

DayDreams01 - thank you for all that brilliant advice. I'm in that Blackpool winter gardens comp on the 14th of March. Hair and beauty North West.
I just think some cities/countries offer more opportunity to step up the ladder than others.

I think i'm just looking for an excuse to relocate.
Good luck, let us know how get on!

Latest posts

Back