Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlise,

As far as I am aware, the Test Case doesn't cover Credit Card charges, so take no notice of you bank and go ahead as normal, send in your letter requesting statements over the last 6 years if you need them (and don't forget the tenner you need to pay them for this!). Then just keep sending in the letters you need to send in the correct timescale - which you set, they can ignore them if they want, you just go all the way whether they want to look into them or not. Is it because they are refusing to send out your statements? I don't think they can do this.

Have a look at either:

Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

or

The Consumer Action Group - Bank Charges - Reclaim Bank Charges - Welcome (you need to register to use this but it's free to use, as is the above one)

All the free help you need to get you through this is will be there, also, there's...

Penalty Charges UK - Fighting your Corner for FREE

Which I haven't used myself but have heard people saying it's a good resource.

Good luck with it all - my case is on Friday and I'm pooping myself! :Scared: *LOL* I expect it will be 'stayed' but at least I'll go to give my side of things.

By the way, it isn't as difficult as some people like to make out, you don't need to pay a professional to do it for you, and I was only up till 3am and 5am doing my court bundle because I don't live in the UK anymore and only had a few days to get it done and posted before I came back to Ireland - when you get to that stage, do it in plenty of time and take the free advice that you'll get from others on the forums I've mentioned.

Jackie

We'll I've just received £1200 from HSBC. I'm so pleased and it really was so easy. Definatly worth the time sorting statements and letters out to get that money. It really has made my life so much easier. I can now afford my massage course, I've treated myself to some new OPI stuff, I've decorated my living room and kitchen and I have loads of spending money for Dubai!!!

Good luck guys xxx

WOO HOO!!!! Went to court today and the Judge found in my favour! :lol: For some reason the Abbey Barrister didn't turn up - if they had been there then the Judge said she would have stayed the case as that's what they're doing until after the Test Case. I can't believe how lucky I've been.

For anyone dreading the court thing, don't. I was a bit panicky not knowing what to expect, but in my case it was just a room with a desk and a lady judge and me, I was in and out within 5 minutes - and almost three grand richer!!!

So keep it up everyone, it's nothing to be scared of, if I can do it by myself then so can everyone.

Good Luck!
Jackie

Good for you Jackie :hug:

That's great well done!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back