Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much was her original claim for and how far did she get as far as taking them to court or threating them withj court action?

Not sure how much it was for but she only sent the 14 day letter off the BBC website and this was the first time the contacted her.

Im at the stage where Nationwide only have a further week to file a defence, Im hoping they don't as then I win by default. Allthough that case with Lloyds winning has unnerved me a bit:irked:

there are details about this on AOL, there is also a sample letter

i got an email from a company called conkers who will act on your behalf to reclaim your bank charges Bank Charges - get your charges back

I have just sent a letter to Lloyds asking for the last 6 years worth of statements. Has anybody had a successful outcome with this bank? I am a bit concerned about the recent court case where the bank was successful :eek:

I have just sent a letter to Lloyds asking for the last 6 years worth of statements. Has anybody had a successful outcome with this bank? I am a bit concerned about the recent court case where the bank was successful :eek:

Iv just sent me letter along with ba big long list of charges to lloyds, i got my statements online. It will save you loads of time !

so what was Lloyds' case? how did they prove their charges were lawfull then?

I need some help....i sent the letter along with my charges. I got all the charges from online banking, so i wrote out the date and how much i was charged.
I'v recieved a letter back going on about how the banks charges are fair and that if i wonted my statements i would have to pay them 10.00 pounds.!
why do i need to do this when iv given them all the info..?
Is this a standerd letter most people get back..?

i have untill 12th july to responed....

You would be advised to send them a copy of a list of charges and the dates they occured with a covering letter asking for your money back. You should really set them a time limit and stick to it. they will come back with a reason as to why they cannnot pay out, or thye are sorry to hear your not happy and are looking into it. Either way they are stalling tactics and you should stick to yur time limit.

If you ahve no joy with this 1st letter, you need to get back intouch with your bank and state if they do not pay the amount they owe you in full you will take it to the county courts. Set a time limit for them to respond.

If they havn't responded or again stalling you, you need to make a decision wether you are willing to start court preceedings or not. You are able to do this online, there is a charge for this though which if you win your case will be redeemed to you.

Have a look at MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more for letter templates.

I need some help....i sent the letter along with my charges. I got all the charges from online banking, so i wrote out the date and how much i was charged.
I'v recieved a letter back going on about how the banks charges are fair and that if i wonted my statements i would have to pay them 10.00 pounds.!
why do i need to do this when iv given them all the info..?
Is this a standerd letter most people get back..?

i have untill 12th july to responed....

If you have all your statement going back 6 years (which, so far, is as far back as you can claim) then you won't need to ask your bank for them. If you do need to ask you bank for the past 6 years statements (in order to work out your bank charges) then you need to pay a £10 for this service - however, some banks aren't bothering to cash the cheque when it's sent.

Have you visited MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more ? They have loads of great advice on claiming your bank charges back.

Meanwhile, I've started teh court process with MCOL and I'm just waiting for a court date. Abbey have put in a defence but it is their standard one so I'm not too worried about it - although I would prefer if they pulled out at the last minute rather than me having to go to court! :eek:

Jackie

Thanks for the help....i went right through my statement and wrote down dates and how much. I just sent the 4th step (letter)of the process and the letter i received from the bank is stated on the money site as normal.

I dont understand why they asked me to pay the tenner for the statements when i have sent thm the dates and amount.

thanks for help, il let you know how i get on...!

Vicky, are you saying that you never requested any duplicate statements from them and that you had all the info you needed without them? The bank may have just sent you out a standard letter without realising that you never requested the statements - the £10 is the maximum they can charge you when you do ask for duplicate statements.

If you have all the information on your bank charges over the past 6 years without having to ask the bank for duplicate statments then just ignore the request for £10 - you don't need to send it.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie, i couldn't understand why they would ask me to do this when iv sent all the dates and how much i was charged.
Iv just been hit with another 140.00 S/O charges because my chq hadnt cleared i was 400.00 in credit with an over draft..!!

VICTORY is MINE

Yesterday morning the postman delivered me a cheque for £600.

this was the full amount of our claim and the cost of £80 for intructing the court to act on our behalf.

so it proves it can be done so for all you waiting for your charges please have faith.

Thanks Jackie, i couldn't understand why they would ask me to do this when iv sent all the dates and how much i was charged.
Iv just been hit with another 140.00 S/O charges because my chq hadnt cleared i was 400.00 in credit with an over draft..!!

Just sent offa letter to Natwest asking for £756.

I need to contact HSBC and get my details from them as they must owe me thousands.

Wooo Hoooo I WON

Filed at my local court against nationwide, they acknowledged pretty quickly they had until the 25th May to put in a defence and they did right at the last minute.
The judge filed for a 5 minute hearing so I started to panic, got a letter today from them stating that they have refunded everything including court costs and interest.

How happy am I!!! :)

Wooo Hoooo I WON

Filed at my local court against nationwide, they acknowledged pretty quickly they had until the 25th May to put in a defence and they did right at the last minute.
The judge filed for a 5 minute hearing so I started to panic, got a letter today from them stating that they have refunded everything including court costs and interest.

How happy am I!!! :)

Thats great news...! How much did you get back...?

Thats great news...! How much did you get back...?

£1300 in total with some odd change at the end, nice to see I have a healthy bank balace for a change.

Latest posts

Back