Claiming additional courses as an expense?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I done most of my courses before starting up as a sole trader, but now looking into doing a few additional courses, can these be put in as expenses when filing tax returns?

many thanks in advance!

Siobhan

In short, yes. Anything which is an enhancement of your current skills or CPD can be claimed under Training.
HTH

In short, yes. Anything which is an enhancement of your current skills or CPD can be claimed under Training.
HTH

thankyou for replying, I hoped that would be the case! xxx

I believe if you incurred a related expense in the 7 years prior to starting trading you can offset the cost against your tax, this might be worth checking into.

My understanding of claiming for training is that if it is a new skill you can NOT claim for it but if it is further training in a skill you already have then you can.

So if you can't wax then do a waxing course you can't claim for it but if you could wax then did an intimate waxing course you could claim as it was an extension of waxing.

My understanding of claiming for training is that if it is a new skill you can NOT claim for it but if it is further training in a skill you already have then you can.

So if you can't wax then do a waxing course you can't claim for it but if you could wax then did an intimate waxing course you could claim as it was an extension of waxing.

oooh ok.... I'll ask around a few accountant family friends and see what they think aswell! might have to call the tax people xxx

you should also be able to claim any expenses incurred in attending the training too. like the cost of traveling to the course.

that's here though

Latest posts

Back