claw like nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
i am having alittle trouble with one of my clients.Her natural nail is very claw like and when i apply l+p enhancements (sculpting) they seem to look even more curved! i have tried to apply more product to zone 1 to try and even them out but then they just seem to look so thick,plus with her nails being wide aswell they end up looking huge!!!
im not sure what else i can do so any tips or ideas would be a massive help. thanx.:lol:

I have a couple of fingers like this.... There is no point in me tipping these fingers as they either look like they are trying to curl around my finger tip, or my natural free edge seperates from the tip.... so sculpting is the only option.
I find that I have to place the form differently on these fingers... much straighter.
You will find you have a bit of a trench where z2 and z1 meet, so this will naturally require more product than normal - but there is no need to build your z2 or z1 thicker.... your end result shouldn't look any different to normal.... the nail should be corrected.
As far as them being wide, I wouldn't like to advise without seeing pics as not all solutions are suitable for every client - and I wouldn't like to tell you to try something which could harm your client.

Hopefully there is something in there that helps you!?

Like yourself i would also sculpt rather than tip this kind of nail. MAking sure the natural nail is cut back to eliminate the 'claw like' shape before applying the form. I would do this after every few rebalances to counteract the shape the nail is taking.

Latest posts

Back