Clean fusion extension application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairgirl1234

Reaction score
i just did my first clients fusion extensions. I find the bonds to look messy, thick/not tight and clean, some hair from other areas got into the bonds so I had to constantly cut individual hairs that accidentally got into the bond! I thought by the end of my app application the look of the bonds would look better but they don't.. does anyone have any tips? My fingers burn when I'm trying to roll the bond so I feel like that holds me back and maybe I need a larger protector to hold back any hairs that are trying to get in?

Please help if you can offer any advice, I'm feeling so discouraged..

i just did my first clients fusion extensions. I find the bonds to look messy, thick/not tight and clean, some hair from other areas got into the bonds so I had to constantly cut individual hairs that accidentally got into the bond! I thought by the end of my app application the look of the bonds would look better but they don't.. does anyone have any tips? My fingers burn when I'm trying to roll the bond so I feel like that holds me back and maybe I need a larger protector to hold back any hairs that are trying to get in?

Please help if you can offer any advice, I'm feeling so discouraged..

Hi
Don't feel discouraged, you've done the right thing by seeking help.
what g strands did you use? maybe they were too big for the density of the clients hair. Are you not using a finger protector atall? I always do when using hot bonding methods. I dont use sectioning guards anymore, but I know Balmain do some that have thickness guides written on them to help with sectioning.

You should always use a silicone pad to roll the bonds never your fingers. Not only will it protect you from the hot glue but your bonds won't be contaminated from the oils from your skin, the bonds will look neater too x

Thank you so much, they never told us about the Finger protectors in my training! Where can I get some?

Neat sectioning is key. And use lots of clips if they have lots of baby hairs etc, get it all out of the way before bonding.
Also trim down the bonds before melting if they are too large.
I was never trained by Balmain to use a rolling mat either - i dont find the oils really contaminate the bonds, my clients never lose any of their strands. Your skin will get used to the heat.
Keep practising and dont get discouraged you will get better with each fitting you do. X

I always cut my bonds smaller x

Silicone rolling pad is imperative for fusion

Latest posts

Back