Cleaning Beauty Couch - Nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a White couch (leather looking standard one as most of us have). The thing is, over time, it has started to look stained, from either eye lash tint, or just general wear on it - I do use couch roll and spray / wipe down after each client, but how do you all clean yours?

I want to give it a real good scrub so it is sparkling for the new year.

Do any of you use a "wonder potion" to get your clean?

Any tips would be very much appreciated?

Thanks

Carly x

Do you use towels or couch cover under your paper roll?

I know its a bit late now, but if you don't it might be worth thinking about doing so - as they can be easily washed in the machine etc. I still clean my couch down every week, but its a black couch so doesn't stain like a white one would.

Have you tried a cleaning products called Astonish? It comes in a tub and is a paste - just get some on a damp cloth and rub onto your couch in small circular movements - its really a brilliant cleaner.

Just found this leather cleaner on the internet - Leather Cleaner - 250ml Astonish MMALP
you could try that..

Just watch the scourer doesn't stain your couch though - ive known this to happen, try an area underneath where nobody can see first.

I use a couch cover, then I put a flat double sheet over that, it covers down to the floor and contrasts well with the decor. If you have a electric blanket, this is ideal put on top before covering with matching bath towels and then couch roll. Cor its quite alot really, but it is very comfortable and keeps clean between the clients, only needing a change of couch roll, and at least then you dont have to keep washing the couch cover and sheet all the time. I hope this is of some help to you!

It's a towelling cover for me for client comfort and inter-client hygiene with disposable couch roll ever client. Also I sterilise the top of the couch regularly with anti-bac spray etc.

I've not had any stains on my leatherette! :)

I have a plastic cover, then the electric blanket, then a towelling couch cover, then a clear plastic couch cover and paper couch roll.

Xx

I have make up staining around the facehole part.
I usually give the client a towel covered horseshoe cushion but some like to put their face directly into the hole and although it has a couch cover over it with the hole in it, some make up can be left behind.

For really stubborn stains, I've used car interior vinyl cleaner. You can get it from Car shops, Halfords and probably Tescos, Wilkies too!

Hi,

Thanks for all of your comments, I too have the problem with make up around the face hole area too!

I have only been usng couch roll for any waxing / eye treatments. When I do facials or massage, I use a really soft fleece like blanket and really soft body towels over the top of the client. Bit late now but wanted to get a single duvet to use over clients for when they have a lie down treatment.

I do really need to use some elbow grease and give it a good scrub, but am worried that I will mark the couch!

Thanks

Carly x

Latest posts

Back