Cleaning the outside of a UV lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Have finished work for today and am wondering how on earth my UV lamp has got so grubby:eek:

What do you clean yours with? A scrub with a baby wipe won't do it, i can't immerse it in water or stick it in the dishwasher, i know i will ruin it for sure if i use a nail wipe with iso. alc. or acetone on it, so what to do?

Be careful what you use as iv read about someone trying to clean their CND lamp and stripped off the paintwork ... X

I'd use something either equipment cleaner or acetone free mall varnish remover ... Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Dsperse or mundo

Dsperse or Mundo I took the top coat of plastic with nail polish remover

thanks - done it with Dsperse - lovely job :hug:

I use Calgel cal guard which is basically isopropyl alcohol and it works well.

NO ACETONE... it'll eat away at the finish.
Even acetone-free remover HAS acetone, it's just buffered/diluted.
Think about it: enhancements (gel or l&p or shellac or similar) all contain acrylates and are 'plastics' and acetone MELTS that....... The lamp is PLASTIC.

Any alcohol based product will do.
And wiping stuff off right away, before it cures/dries ;-)

I use IPA if the client has bumped it with uncured product, otherwise just a damp cloth with Ajax (multi purpose cleaner)

Alcohol ... Alcohol ... Alcohol and nothing else. D-Sperse is alcohol and does a lovely job as the poster has now found out. Other brands of alcohol will also do the trick.

Never use polish remover of any kind, acetone or non acetone they are all solvents. And a P&N abrasive or even mild abrasive like Ajax would scratch the surface of the lamp and I would not recommend it.

Latest posts

Back